Boca Loca Cachaça

elcolo

Registered
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this drink and would know where I could purchase a bottle of it. It's Brazilian in origin.
Here's the website of it: http://thebocaloca.com/
Thanks.

Never heard of it, but I'm sure it tastes like crap. Especially, I'm sure, if it happens to be produced deep in the mountains and your Brazilian friend brought two bottles. In that case I'm sure it's putrid.

Some Brazilian dude named Camberiu was on here the other day saying how they use something similar as fuel for Brazilian tanks. That shows you how great it must be.

Cachaça you said it's called?

Dude, it just regular cachaca that they put on a fancy bottle.

You probably can find much cheaper brands on a typical Argentina grocery store. It is the kind of drink that you do not need to go high end.

I agree with Camberiu
I am an avid consummer of cachaca and for making a caipirinha Pitu or Velho Barreiro which can still be found in shops is more than sufficient
When I was in BA in June it was about $110pesos per bottle at Carrefour or Coto
Saude!

My mother told me she liked this particular one and asked me to bring a bottle home to her, if I could find it. However, if there is a better cachaça that you guys recommend I could just bring that one as a gift instead. Cachaça is just a Brazilian rum basically as far as I'm aware.

My mother told me she liked this particular one and asked me to bring a bottle home to her, if I could find it. However, if there is a better cachaça that you guys recommend I could just bring that one as a gift instead. Cachaça is just a Brazilian rum basically as far as I'm aware.

Velho Barreiro.
31dover-velho_barreiro_70cl-shadow320x1000_1__1.jpg

Caninha 51
992.jpg

As a fan of both (white) rum and cachaça, I wouldn't call it that. But if you're just mixing it with a bunch of sugar and lime juice, then there probably isn't much difference. :)

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have a look for either of those.

Back