Book Club Pot Luck Meeting Wednesday October 28

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings readers! The monthly book club and pot luck has resurrected and the next meeting is WEDNESDAY Oct.28 at 7:00pm in Recoleta. We are reading Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman" which has been on the NYTIMES list for several months. The book has been deemed very controversial...let's discuss why...
Several folks have RSVP d over the last few months for the October meeting. But since space is limited to twelve and I had received 8 responses, I would appreciate people reconfirming. Please indicate your attendance by responding to this post with your intention to come and what dish you'll bring to the pot luck.
If you are a first time member I will contact you via pm with the exact address.
We are a friendly diverse group of expats who love to talk, drink, eat and be merry. Part of the meeting is a structured book discussion and the rest purely social. All selected books are available on Amazons Kindle or I Books.
Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you October 28.

Hi, I would love to join you guys for a drink after your book club discussions in new to Recoleta and don't really know many people so keen to meet new people but I don't want to intrude on your book discussion and I don't have time to read it now. So please let me know if I'm welcome to join later for a drink. Kind regards Teresa

Hi Teresa! Why don't you go online and read a synopsis of the book and join us for the meeting! We drink at the meeting (please bring some wine) and eat also! Everyone brings a dish to share for dinner or you could bring a dessert? Please let me know if you'll be coming and I will give you my contact info via PM

We are definitely still coming, and will bring a dish and some wine. Looking forward to both the book discussion and the sheer social part, and expect that there will be some spirited conversation following the election results --

Tom is definitely coming, I'm leaving my decision to the last minute. We haven't done any shopping yet, so probably bring empanadas from 1810 and wine. Neither of us has even opened the book, sorry.
Nancy

Empanadas would be great. Just read the summary of the book that's available at good lit or other sites. Would love to see either one or both of you!
Xxxx

Any seats left for tonight? I have to leave at 9:00, but I'd bring dessert! ;-)

Back