Book Club Potluck Wednesday Oct 28, 2015

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings readers! The monthly book club and pot luck has resurrected and the next meeting is WEDNESDAY Oct.28 at 7:00pm in Recoleta. We are reading Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman" which has been on the NYTIMES list for several months. The book has been deemed very controversial...let's discuss why...
Several folks have RSVP d over the last few months for the October meeting. But since space is limited to twelve and I had received 8 responses, I would appreciate people reconfirming. Please indicate your attendance by responding to this post with your intention to come and what dish you'll bring to the pot luck.
If you are a first time member I will contact you via pm with the exact address.
We are a friendly diverse group of expats who love to talk, drink, eat and be merry. Part of the meeting is a structured book discussion and the rest purely social. All selected books are available on Amazons Kindle or I Books.
Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you October 28. Please confirm here or else this notice will disappear!

Two of us will be there -- really looking forward to it, and thank you in advance, Coqueta! Will bring either gumbo (if we can work out transporting without spilling all along the route) or salmon spread.

Great Fangar and Redbeanz! Northener and TomatAkai can you all reconfirm? And GS how about you? Long time no see! Supercharged what about you?
My contribution will be a spicy main dish. Probably a curry.
Looking forward to meeting the newcomers!

T & N will have to confirm last minute. I have 2 broken feet and not sure how I will feel after that long flight. We fly October 24. I did watch To Kill A Mockingbird last night in preparation.
Nancy

Nancy that is AWFUL!! I am so very sorry! You know you two are always welcome and there's no stairs to navigate. Please feel better quickly.

I'm so sorry Nancy. If he doesn't already, then poor Tom will have to do all the toting and fetching.
Feel better. See y'all later this month.
On my way tonight.
Fangar

Yes, poor T, he is doing all and being very sweet about it.
Thanks for the good thoughts.
N

The book club CARES!!

BTW, a former book club selection has made it to the big screen(The Martian) and is now playing here in BsAs (but we knew what charms the story had before Matt Damon signed on!) Anyone interested in going? We can compare if the movie stayed faithful to the book. Or not. Just thought it'd be fun to arrange a group outing to see it for sentimental sake...

Back