Book Depository closes - where to order books in English?

argiepilot

Registered
Online book store “Book Depository” will close on April 26! 🥲

It was my main source for books in English . I liked their free shipping to Argentina. And with the Mercado Pago debit card you were not charged the PAIS and RG 4815 tax. It was a great deal!

Do any of you have other recommendations where to order books in English? ML is usually too expensive. Amazon orders end up being to costly with the shipping fees to Argentina.

Oh no! It was literally the only 100% reliable way of delivering books to Argentina in my experience. People like Cassassa y Lorenzo stock English titles but I've never asked them to order things for me before. May be worth a try. After all, we have to do something!

Thanks D.B. Cooper and elhombresinnombre for the suggestions! Unfortunately I do not live anywhere close to Buenos Aires. That’s why I have always used Book Depository and loved their free shipping. The books I order are also more niche market books (aviation, computer stuff …). Probably not something a regular book store has lying around.

But I have found another site selling books online called Better World Books that also seems to ship to Argentina for free. Has anybody ordered from that online book store? Or any other suggestions?

I'm sorry you live so far from Buenos Aires: I had been going to suggest you might find aviation books in Moron in Provincial. Moron hosts a big flying school and the National Aviation Museum and in my experience of being dragged (willingly) around pilots bookshops by my son (commercial ticket) there's almost certain to be a bookshop near by or on site. Nothing similar near where you live, I suppose?

I'm sorry you live so far from Buenos Aires: I had been going to suggest you might find aviation books in Moron in Provincial.
Thanks for the info about Moron. I will definitely make a stop there on my next Buenos Aires trip.

Nothing similar near where you live, I suppose?

No not really. So, far I have ordered everything online or bought it on trips abroad. More common ‘supplies’ you can sometimes get at the local aero clubs. But my books I got all from Book Depository.

Back