Book in English

cat1976

Registered
I am in need of the book "Exterminate all the Brutes" by Sven Lindquist. Anybody have any suggestions on where to find it. Or does anybody have a copy laying around I can use for a few weeks or buy? Thanks in advance.

I've had a hard time finding books in English here (or at least the ones I've wanted) so I use ebay. I found a link for the one you are looking for http://cgi.ebay.com/Exterminate-All...wItem&pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4cef021141
Hope that link works; I think it's used for around $23 USD including shipping... I've heard that some people have trouble when getting things sent to them from overseas, but so far I've been fine when I've ordered books. The only problem is that it'll probably be a week or two from the time of payment until it reaches you.

Lee said:
no import fee (as there is not import tax on books at least).

That's not strictly true - there's no import duty on books in Castellano.
If you've not been paying it on English language books you've been getting away with it and you're a thieving, tax-dodging, gringo bastard and I'm going to report you to the appropriate authorities!

Either that or the Aduana at the Iguazu post office saw me coming.*

Al

* most likely.

There is a great English book store (if a bit expensive) with a great collection of serious books. It is in a galleria, right at the corner that runs from Santa Fe to Puereyedon (which I can never spell).

The lady there is very nice, but as I sad her prices are pretty high. I just paid A$R80 for a used copy of 100 years of solitude in paperback.

Good luck. And te guys at Walrus books tell me (and they import a lot) that English books are also duty free in Argentina.

Good luck.

Alzinho said:
That's not strictly true - there's no import duty on books in Castellano.

Lee is right. Under a certain amount there is no import duty on books. And if I remember correctly exporting books in Castellano is exempt from taxes under a certain amount of copies.

Back