Booking Flight Tickets with Residencia Precaria

cafeconleche

Registered
Hi

This has probably come up before, but I just wanted to know the most current information. I have a Residencia Precaria but no DNI. Am I eligible to book flight tickets using the residents rate?
The Aerolineas popup says "If you are not an Argentine resident please visit the web site of your country residence.", but my country of origin (India) did not have a website. :confused:

Thanks!

i have a similar question. i have a DNI which is expiring next week and i have a turno to renew it. looks like i won't have an valid DNI for some weeks. meanwhile i do have a valid residencia temporaria with a proroga for another year. do i qualify for a argentinian resident airline ticket?

Hi

I can't say my info is current. I had no problem buying resident airfare with Residencia Precaria and no DNI about 3 years ago. I just brought the letter with me from immigrations.

@Mariposa...I went to Cordoba last week with my 2 months expired DNI, no problem with that. The airline and/or the airporty security never ask me for an ID.

@Cafeconleche...you can book national and international flights with residencia precaria, you just need to show your valid ID (passport) and the paper from inmigration (residencia precaria). I think Aerolineas Argentinas never verify the information provided.

What is the difference between the airline ticket rates for residents and expats?

Captain Cheetah said:
What is the difference between the airline ticket rates for residents and expats?

The difference is about a 4-fold difference... well that may exaggerate on some flights, but in July, before my DNI came through we looked into a flight to Santiago del Estero for my brother-in-law's wedding. For my Argentine husband they wanted 400 pesos, for me sans DNI they wanted 400 US dollars.

i booked a flight to ushuaia with aerolinas, didnt have a DNI, but i made the booking online (put in passport number with extra 00 and took off the 2 front letters) - got a reference number, then took refernce number, my passport with rentista visa in to their office (there is several in the city) to pay for and pickup the tickets... the price was around 30% cheaper than a non DNI holder would have to pay..

Back