Booking shows in Buenos Aires for a small indie band

Melquiades

Registered
I've been asked to help plan a tour for a small London-based indie rock band at the end of this year. But having only arrived in BA a couple of months ago, I'm not really sure where to start.

They are looking for a couple of shows in Buenos Aires, probably in December. They have provisional dates sorted in Rosario and Bariloche.

The band is independent / unsigned, and the last few years has toured for a couple of months during the European winter across Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. They've also toured pretty extensively throughout Europe. They don't have a huge following, but normally have a couple of hundred turn out for gigs.

The lead guitarist is from Rosario. Most songs are in English but some are in Spanish. Sound is for fans of The National, Nick Cave (who seems to have a big following here), etc. Here's a song:

They are realistic on money, but would favour an arrangement where they can just about cover their costs, whether that be through a share of the bar, tickets they sell, a place to sleep, etc.

They can do their own promo.

So a few questions:

What are the visa implications?
How does the booking system work here?
What small venues would be best to target?
Are there any suggested local bands they could hook up with / support?
Any other advice?

Send me a private message, I can hook you up maybe, I am friends with many local musicians from the same scene. They know the venues, etc they might send you in the right direction.

Back