Booster shot in CABA

What situation are you in?
  • Are you part of the "grupos priorizados" according to the Buenos Aires ministry of health? or Are you over 50 years old and did you get both Sinopharm vaccines? Then go here to get your third jab: Grupos Priorizados Dosis Adicional
  • If you don't apply to either of the above categories, then you fall under the category of general population. Thus giving you eligibility for a third jab only 150 days after your second dose of the original immunization: Dosis de Refuerzo para personas con esquema completo
    • Note: If you got vaccinated in CABA you should automatically receive an email/whatsapp/call after 150 days have gone by.
    • If you got vaccinated elsewhere and 150 days have transpired since your second dose, I would suggest you call 147 and talk to them.

Just wanted to mention that while my experience in person getting doses 1 and 2 were fine, the booking system sometimes can fail in auto assigning you a turno after your 1st or 3rd dose, so don't hesitate to reach out to 147 if you need to, for dose 2 they got me an appointment the next day.

By order of priority, we are being invited by the City, through an e-mail message, with a link to schedule the booster shot.

So I was waiting for dose 3 when I tested positive for COVID this weekend... needless to say this has been fun, maybe I'm biased but 6 months of waiting for those that want it seems a bit excessive, but I'm not a doctor, and I'm jaded because I'm sick in bed with it haha.

How long does one have to wait for the vaccine after contracting COVID? The FAQs just mention you can be vaccinated even if you've had it on the CABA site.

So I was waiting for dose 3 when I tested positive for COVID this weekend...
Sorry to hear it. Hopefully it will be mild, since you are double vaccinated.
How long does one have to wait for the vaccine after contracting COVID?
...regardless of how you arrived at hybrid immunity: There's no great urgency to get a booster for people who are otherwise healthy and low-risk.

So I was waiting for dose 3 when I tested positive for COVID this weekend... needless to say this has been fun, maybe I'm biased but 6 months of waiting for those that want it seems a bit excessive, but I'm not a doctor, and I'm jaded because I'm sick in bed with it haha.
First time I've had the opportunity to ask a genuine breakthrough case what it's like. Obviously no obligation to share, but for those of us double vaccinated and watching Omicron swirl all around and wondering what the seemingly inevitable experience will be like, if you could write a little about how it is, that would be very much appreciated. And what vaccine do you have?

First time I've had the opportunity to ask a genuine breakthrough case what it's like. Obviously no obligation to share, but for those of us double vaccinated and watching Omicron swirl all around and wondering what the seemingly inevitable experience will be like, if you could write a little about how it is, that would be very much appreciated. And what vaccine do you have?

Hey! I don't mind answering, just saw the question now.

It's been frustrating. I had COVID in early 2020, and long COVID, I didn't feel "normal" until October last year. This time the big difference is (so far) no cough and I can breathe, but I'm very fatigued and can feel my blood pressure rise when doing simple things like making my bed or getting up to get a glass of juice. Also lots of phlegm.

I'm pretty sure I got it from my husband who was likely asymptomatic. He works with several children that are developmentally disabled/wards
of the state, and their group home has had several cases of COVID since early 2020, in addition to the constant illnesses kids get in general.
I'm not a partier, nor have I been to big events with lots of people, and I work from home, so that's all I can think of.

I hadn't been sleeping well around Christmas Eve and on Christmas, then on Sunday I went to the hospital with a fever of almost 104º and feeling very confused, dizzy, and dehydrated despite drinking lots of fluids. I went to the hospital and was taken in immediately due to my fever/dehydration, and given IV fluids. I had a murmur too so they kept me for observations until it dissipated as my fever came under control. They thought it might have been a respiratory infection, possibly COVID, but again, no cough so we weren't sure. I was given a PCR test to be sure, and came home in the middle of the night Monday AM. When I woke up later Monday I found out I had tested positive.

Like I said, I received both doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, one in June, the second in September. I got side effects both times, fever, tired, etc. and was wanting my booster, but it hadn't been 150 days yet (it's now be lowered to 120 as of today, a bit late for me) so I was hoping I'd be fine, but here we are.

I personally think for 2 reasons there are a lot more breakthrough cases than the ~2% that's reported on average/why it's still rare to hear about them:

I think the vaccines are likely effective enough that many people are asymptomatic, or, like me, assuming it is something other than COVID (i.e. allergies) when they did in fact contract it, resulting in cases to go unreported. And I also think some people are reluctant to share that, despite being double or triple vaccinated, they still managed to contract COVID because people will assume they were reckless, or they fear it will just be used by anti-vaxxers to claim the vaccines don't work anyways, so why get them. Of course for the later, people who've completed high school science know that's not how vaccines work.

Today I seem to have fully lost my sense of taste/smell, which I had a feeling was coming last night. I'm just tired and anxious because I don't want a repeat of last year's long COVID, I don't think I can handle that again...

If you have had the vaccine and the virus aren't you basically immune for a while?

Back