Bottle Deposit?

BlueArrow

Registered
So, I bought a big bottle of beer at the little store next to my building and the lady gave me a hand-written slip for the deposit - presumably so I can prove I bought it from her when I take it back for the deposit? It says "1 x 15 = 15". Is that 15 cents?

I didn't know there was bottle deposit in BA. Does the average grocery store take empties? Should I just put them in the recycling rather than deal with .15ARS?

Obviously mi Espanol es no bueno, or I would have better understood what she was telling me. :p

So, I bought a big bottle of beer at the little store next to my building and the lady gave me a hand-written slip for the deposit - presumably so I can prove I bought it from her when I take it back for the deposit? It says "1 x 15 = 15". Is that 15 cents?

I didn't know there was bottle deposit in BA. Does the average grocery store take empties? Should I just put them in the recycling rather than deal with .15ARS?

Obviously mi Espanol es no bueno, or I would have better understood what she was telling me. :p

Since the exchange rate is 15 pesos to 1 US dollar, fifteen centavos would equal one US penny, so it wouldn't be worth anyone's time to even write a receipt for that amount.

Most stores will accept empties regardless where you bought them when they were full, provided you are buying more beer (at least the same amount as the number of empties you bring in).

Some bottles are non-returnable. You won't pay a deposit, but you'll pay more when you buy the beer.
emo32.gif

I think current deposit is around 10 pesos.

The big stores have a system where they give you a ticket which is deducted form your overall bill.

Some of the big stores have huge machines where you feed your bottles in..... and then it gives you a ticket

The Chinos are less sophsticated - some give you a token , others say How many you bring? Etiquette demands total honesty with the chinos !

I think current deposit is around 10 pesos.

The big stores have a system where they give you a ticket which is deducted form your overall bill.

Some of the big stores have huge machines where you feed your bottles in..... and then it gives you a ticket

The Chinos are less sophsticated - some give you a token , others say How many you bring? Etiquette demands total honesty with the chinos !

It was in fact a Chino store. She gave me the slip when I bought the beer, so do I take the slip back with the empty?

That's a heck of a deposit, wow.

I think you can swap the bottle for your next beer, to avoid paying the deposit next time. Or you can just return the bottle for money, if you have the receipt. At least that's how it works with soft drinks.

Back