Brazil:is Dilma's Latest Offense Her Best Defense?

Noesdeayer

Registered
Dilma is trying to move up the impeachment procedure against her to next month January '16 in an effort to deal with it and,hopefully,beat it before the economy gets any worse and most Brazilians get back from their summer vacations.She is calling for an extension of this Congressional session until the end of January.She feels that she has enough votes to stop it before it goes to the Judiciary.
In my view the impeachment is a scape goat coup attempt anyway.Can this offense succeed ?

If Eduardo Cunha stays in there, yes, the impeachment can succeed...
What Dilma did is not a crime. Or it was not until now... Because now they say it's a huge crime.
Brazil is just being Brazil again...
I truly hope it doesn't happen. It's not good the way it is, but it can get really bad.

What Dilma did is not a crime. Or it was not until now... Because now they say it's a huge crime.

Yes, cooking the books is a HUGE financial crime. The CEOs of MCI Worldcom and Enron went to jail for much less.
She violated the "Fiscal Responsibility" Law. The fact that the impeachment is a political maneuver from Cunha does not in any way diminishes the gravity of her crime.

Camberiu:
Is it already proven fact that Dilma didI INDEED "cook the books" ?

Camberiu: Thanks for the very interesting link from Folha.I'm a little pressed for time at the moment but I'll get back to it ASAP.Apparently,this practice was not unkown in the past but used more often by Dilma's gov't.What is very good is the detail Folha goes into to explain it.

Back