Brazil to rescue Argentina

camberiu

Registered
As I expected, the current Dilma administration will make the ideologically biased decision of bailing out Argentina. CFK is seen by the Brazilian government as a well intentioned (if somewhat inept) "ideological sister". Therefore it will need to be rescued. The closes parallel I can think of is the relationship between Hitler and Mussoline during World War II. Despite its incompetence, Mussoline was well liked by Hitler, and therefore it was rescued by him several times. I see this as a similar scenario. CFK was a fool to let the situation deteriorate by this much, but Dilma cannot let her left-wing "dumb sista" drown. So there she comes to the rescue, with Brazilian taxpayer money in hand. Oh joy.....

Brazil to rescue Argentina in fear of being dragged down by Kirchner’s economic meltdown

Very misleading post. Brazil is only going to reduce its trade surplus with Argentina. In other words, they are willing to accept Argentina's trade barriers. There is no taxpayer money being sent to Argentina, and this is not any sort of "rescue." The Folha article doesn't even use the word.

bradlyhale said:
Very misleading post. Brazil is only going to reduce its trade surplus with Argentina. In other words, they are willing to accept Argentina's trade barriers. There is no taxpayer money being sent to Argentina, and this is not any sort of "rescue." The Folha article doesn't even use the word.

Yes, the post sounds misleading because it lacked context, so my apologies. Here is the story:

In 2010 the Brazilian goverment owned BNDES bank provided Argentina a heavily subsidezed line of credit of 4.5 Billion dollars for investment in infrastructure. The Argentinian offset was to increase imports from Brasil. Guess what? The line of credit from BNDES has been used up and now Brasil will have to live with a much lower level of exports to Argentina then what was originally expected. Guess who will foot the bill for the 4.5 billion easy credit? Yours truly over here.

http://www.informereservado.net/noticia.php?noticia=18159

If this keeps going this way we will have a poor Chavez talking of kretina
A rescue from brazil can be expensive worst case an incursion. Yes a military one

Better if kretina the president starts working instead if fighting ghost. She is a capable women. But we can not wait until her menopause finish

psflores said:
A rescue from brazil can be expensive worst case an incursion. Yes a military one

Brazilian military incursion? In what world/decade you live? Brazil is not the USA!

psflores said:
Better if kretina the president starts working instead if fighting ghost. She is a capable women. But we can not wait until her menopause finish

The mentioning of the menopause as a negative condition affecting mental capabilities is not only offensive for our female counterparts but also IGNORANT. Menopause is a permanent condition, so you cannot wait for it to finish.

Menopause is a term used to describe the permanent cessation of the primary functions of the human ovaries

Now, if it was an attempt at humor, you could really be more sophisticated than that...

psflores said:

I'd say that there is zero chance of that happening, except in a case of Brazil suffering an unprovoked a military attack first. Brazil is not the US. The populace has no tolerance for military foreign adventures. The UN Peacekeeping mission in Haiti being conducted by Brazil is already very unpopular at home, and we are talking about an UN sponsored, internationally sanctioned, fully legal peacekeeping mission under the UN flag. A military adventure abroad by Brazil is an unimaginable event. Do not underestimate Brazilian non-interventionist attitudes.

Has the US invaded its neighbors recently? If not, I'm not sure why it got dragged into the Brasil invading Argentina discussion (which would never happen).

citygirl said:
Has the US invaded its neighbors recently? If not, I'm not sure why it got dragged into the Brasil invading Argentina discussion (which would never happen).

The US has a long history of military interventions. Recently we can think of:

- Grenada and Panama in the 1980s. Plus the mining of Nicaraguan ports, which was actually a violation of international law.

- Iraq, Somalia and Serbia in te 90s.

- Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya more recently.

citygirl said:

You are right, they have not done anything last week. Now, go and look a little bit deeper in the historical record :)

In the view of some people (including me), the US has a propensity to invade countries because of economic reasons under the pretext of a fight for freedom and democracy. Of course, we may be wrong but we are a bit cynic after several examples including one of my favorites contemporaneous quotes:

"My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we are giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence"
Colin Powell, UN, February 5th, 2003.

Back