brazilian visa

Tina_G

Registered
Just landed in BA last week and will be here for the next several months. Does anyone have any advice on getting a Brazlian visa?

Thanks!

T

Tina_G said:
Just landed in BA last week and will be here for the next several months. Does anyone have any advice on getting a Brazlian visa?

Thanks!

T

Speaking as a US native, go the Brazil embassy with passport. Get a form complete it and within 2-3 weeks and 300+ pesos you will have it. Not difficult. Cerrito 1350 (C1010ABB). Buenos Aires, Argentina | Tel.: (5411) 4515-2400 | No idea of current cost sorry.

I haven't gone through the process myself but I understand you need to bring copies of your bus/plane tickets and an address where you'll be staying, as well as proof of income and/or a credit card.

Last time I looked, the cost for processing the visa was $140 USD.

Why don´t you check the Brazilian Consulate website? Just might be more accurate than listening to someone who writes, "when I went Brazil 5 years ago............."

Go to the Brazilian consulate but bring beaucoup bucks, it is about 150 USD.

Just finished the process - but agree you should always check out the Consultate website. Govt can make changes and only they define the rules. For what it's worth: You can get a Tourist visa in one day - you must bring your itinerary, a current bank statement to prove you have money and provide contact info for your stay in Brazil. There is an online form you need to submit. If you do not have a computer, there are some available in the consulate office to complete & submit the form. Suggest you arrive when the Consulate (Carlos Pellegrini 1363, Piso 5) opens at 9AM. You must have ALL the docs & details in order. Strongly suggest you view their website to be clear on the details and process.

http://www.conbrasil.org.ar/CONSBRASIL/vistos_todo.asp

it all depends where u r from! its better to check the Consultate website prior to listening to anyone.

As of January 2011, the price was $160 (USD). And the previous poster is correct, it depends on where you are from. Some nationalities have to wait and jump through hoops while others zip right through. The price also depends on nationality. An Aussi I know had to have everything the website listed to the letter. She then waited only one day to pick it up after paying a much lower fee than I.

I'm not sure if they just wanted my (high) fee, but I showed up, filled out the form on the computer, waited 10 minutes and came back the next day to pick it up. I had nothing with me but my passport. They didn't ask to see anything else.

And don't go to the consulate quoting me and ruin it for everyone :p

Definitely check with the consulate and I believe you now have to have an appt.

FWIW - my experience getting a visa (i had to go for business) was not particularly easy. I had to go 3 times. That being said, I got the 5 year visa.

Back