Bringing an Argentine Pet Back Home with Me???

Gonzo

Registered
Hello everyone,

I want to know the process of bringing a dog back home with me.

I am a huge Bull Terrier fan, and I realized that some of the best Bull Terriers are here in Argentina. I am from California and bull terriers are extremely rare, and when I do find them they are extremely expensive (US$1,000-2,500). Apparently some of the best bloodlines are here in Argentina, and comparatively they are much cheaper (AR$1,000-3,000).

What is the process of bringing one of these puppies home to California? How much would it cost?
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Gonzo said:
H

What is the process of bringing one of these puppies home to California? How much would it cost?
You will need an international certificate of health for the pup (just ask a local vet).

Puppies without the requisite vaccinations will not be allowed into the US, so they have to be old enough to have had the shots.

As for the costs of transport, check with the individual airlines.

Mexicana allows small dogs in the cabin and they fly to CA.
 

nikad

Registered
You might want to contact Jim from PetsVentura, he will surely help you out with the paper stuff etc.
 

NYKate

Registered
Gonzo said:
Hello everyone,

I want to know the process of bringing a dog back home with me.

I am a huge Bull Terrier fan, and I realized that some of the best Bull Terriers are here in Argentina. I am from California and bull terriers are extremely rare, and when I do find them they are extremely expensive (US$1,000-2,500). Apparently some of the best bloodlines are here in Argentina, and comparatively they are much cheaper (AR$1,000-3,000).

What is the process of bringing one of these puppies home to California? How much would it cost?
Check out the Bull Terrier Rescue. There are a lot of them throughout the US. My shelter just brought a bull terrier to a rescue and they are packed.
ALSO keep in mind they have special dietary needs as a lot of them cannot tolarate chicken or beef and must be fed a venison diet.
 

mini

Registered
It's probably best if you get a puppy under three months old (but older than 10weeks). He will not to need to get the rabies vaccine (which wouldn't do much good before 6 months of age anyway) and they he will be small enough to carry on the plane with you.

The paper work is not that difficult to do on your own or a local vet can do it for you. My vet will do the papers for you for only 40pesos plus what ever fees the agricultural department need. She will go to the office for you.
 

steveinbsas

Registered
mini said:
It's probably best if you get a puppy under three months old (but older than 10weeks). He will not to need to get the rabies vaccine (which wouldn't do much good before 6 months of age anyway) and they he will be small enough to carry on the plane with you.

The paper work is not that difficult to do on your own or a local vet can do it for you. My vet will do the papers for you for only 40pesos plus what ever fees the agricultural department need. She will go to the office for you.
Are you sure you can get an international certificate of health for such a young pup?

(I hope so... as that's what I would like to do.)
 

mini

Registered
steveinbsas said:
Are you sure you can get an international certificate of health for such a young pup?

(I hope so... as that's what I would like to do.)
I can't see why not if the pup is in good health. You can import pups to the US (and other countries).
 

Roni

Registered
Traveling with puppy regulations:
Certain requirements that must be met before the puppy can travel. The puppy must be up to date on all vaccinations that are mandatory by the state or country the puppy will be traveling to. This usually includes a rabies vaccination. You must also be aware of and abide by all the laws and regulations concerning incoming puppies within the destination country or state.

When traveling via airplane it is usually mandatory for the puppy to have a health certificate within ten (10) days of travel from a licensed veterinarian stating that the puppy is free of any contagious, infectious or communicable diseases. This certificate must also contain an acclimation statement which would affirm the temperatures between which the puppy would be able to adapt.

more information you can find in our BLOG PetsVentura Pet Relocation Solutions
 

mini

Registered
Roni said:
Traveling with puppy regulations:
Certain requirements that must be met before the puppy can travel. The puppy must be up to date on all vaccinations that are mandatory by the state or country the puppy will be traveling to. This usually includes a rabies vaccination. You must also be aware of and abide by all the laws and regulations concerning incoming puppies within the destination country or state.

When traveling via airplane it is usually mandatory for the puppy to have a health certificate within ten (10) days of travel from a licensed veterinarian stating that the puppy is free of any contagious, infectious or communicable diseases. This certificate must also contain an acclimation statement which would affirm the temperatures between which the puppy would be able to adapt.

more information you can find in our BLOG PetsVentura Pet Relocation Solutions
I'm find it it really interesting that all your posts are touting one company or another, mostly PetsVentura.....
 
Top