Bringing Car Into The Country

ben

Registered
I was walking down Gallo the other day and I saw a car here with Florida plates.

Anyone knows what's the deal with bringing a US (or other foreign) car here? What catch is involved? How long can it stay in the country? etc.

Depends on several issues,Which will determine length of stay, MErcosur has special treatment
  1. License Plate of the Car/ Country
  2. Value of the Car
  3. If is driven into Argentina or arrives by boat as an import
  4. The migratory status of the driver i.e Resident, tourist Argentine returning.
  5. Etc
Must check with Customs AFIP for specifics

i

I had my motorcycle here for almost 3 years. Florida plates. I rode it here.

Best to contact a reputable despachante ( customs broker ) to get the latest greatest most current information. I brought Bertha , my beautiful 1988 BMW 635 Csi in last year. No problems or surprises. Just lots of cold hard cash.

Best to contact a reputable despachante ( customs broker ) to get the latest greatest most current information. I brought Bertha , my beautiful 1988 BMW 635 Csi in last year. No problems or surprises. Just lots of cold hard cash.

How do you find one of those?

how will you get a foreign car repaired here?

I am struggling that get my Toshiba AC repaired cos of lack of spare parts!

how will you get a foreign car repaired here?

I am struggling that get my Toshiba AC repaired cos of lack of spare parts!

Well Ceviche shit happens even in the best neighborhoods....! :cool: Hope your landlord is working on the problem.

Well Ceviche shit happens even in the best neighborhoods....! :cool: Hope your landlord is working on the problem.

yes, the problem has been resolved. And its not any fault of the landlord that Toshiba does not sell spare parts. A smart technician was able to resolve the matter by found a similar part of another company.

But my point was something else. You went tangent. You sound jeolous/envious that I was able to get a good apartment without a garantia.

Back