Bringing cash from us…

Delaluz26

Registered
How much cash are my 11 year old and I able to bring in without declaring it? Is it 10k each or is it less for her? We are permanent residents.

Supposedly 10k per family group.
Actually, it's 9999 USD, if bringing 10 000 USD/family/group, you have to declare it. I always travel with 9 500, if I am bringing more, I travel with the receipt the bank gives in the US, and declare the amount. The 10 000 USD rule is international not only related to Argentina. While I travel with more than that to other part of the world, I would never do it while entering Argentina. I would bring just the limit not to declare anything.

10 K is the cash limit..! if you carry US$ 9999 plus Argentine pesos change you may be fined ...!

Wondering if anyone who has done this recently can comment?
I entered Argentina on June 20, 2022. They told me it's 9999 USD per group, it doesn't matter if you are related or not. Starting 10 000, you have to declare it, I had 9 500 USD at that time but had others currencies. Fortunately, the total amount was just below 10 000. If you can't show the source of the funds, they will confiscate it. What follows, I don't know.

I entered Argentina on June 20, 2022. They told me it's 9999 USD per group, it doesn't matter if you are related or not. Starting 10 000, you have to declare it, I had 9 500 USD at that time but had others currencies. Fortunately, the total amount was just below 10 000. If you can't show the source of the funds, they will confiscate it. What follows, I don't know.
Did they count it in front of you? Was it on a money belt?

From the AFIP page

Google translate

What amounts can be entered and/or withdrawn from the country?
The entry and withdrawal of sums less than USD 10,000 or its equivalent in another currency will be allowed.

If you require the entry of a higher amount, a special declaration must be made at Customs, using form OM 2249A.

Monetary payments greater than the allowed amount must be made by bank transfer.

In the case of children under 16 years of age, the limit amount is USD 5,000.

For the conversion of currencies, the buying exchange rate corresponding to the close of the business day immediately prior to the deposit, communicated by the Banco de la Nación Argentina, must be taken into account.

Back