Bringing Cats Into Argentina

oamter

Registered
Anyone have experience bringing cats from the U.S. into Argentina? They've got passports and have traveled before.

Thanks for the insight!

You have to check SENASA (health authority for animals and plants) requirements on their website, and then use the Search function of this forum to read hand-on experiences from forum members.

BRINGING DOGS AND CATS INTO ARGENTINA (INFO IN ENGLISH)

http://www.senasa.gov.ar/contenido.php?to=n&in=739&io=8463

RETURNING TO THE USA WITH DOGS AND CATS

http://www.senasa.gov.ar/contenido.php?to=n&in=739&io=14926

Jan thanks for listing this. The second link however is only in Spanish, and very technical. Do you have a different link in English or should google translate suffice?

Bringing cats to Argentina is like taking sand to the beach !!!
Specially BA, I love cats myself,... I can name about a dozen establishments near me that keep cats as pets.

Bringing cats to Argentina is like taking sand to the beach !!!
Specially BA, I love cats myself,... I can name about a dozen establishments near me that keep cats as pets.

yes but pets are part for your family, you wouldn't move from your home country to Argentina and leave your kids just because there's a tonne of kids already in Argentina would you?

Bronging them is super easy!!! Ask your vet to fill out a US department of agriculture form for exporting a pet amd bring certificate of vaccinations. That all SENASA will ask. They will charge you 380 AR$ pesos upon arrival

Jan thanks for listing this. The second link however is only in Spanish, and very technical. Do you have a different link in English or should google translate suffice?

It's easier than the website in Castellano makes it look. Five days before leaving Argentina you have to take your cat to a vet and get an antirabiea vaccination, ringworm (gusano,miasa, etc) certificate. You take the certificate to Lazareto en Puerto Madero (the address is on the website) and they certify it. You must arrive at Ezeiza about four hours before your flight. Before you check in at the airline counter, you go to SENASA which is on the ground floor and you give them all the paperwork and pay a fee, the you can check in with the airline. I would just print the part of the SENASA webpage that specifies which vaccinations to get and take it to the vet.

Back