Bringing food into the country from the US

It's not about "doing without" in Buenos Aires. I'd say it's learning to make an adjustment which eventually becomes necessary if you intend to live in Buenos Aires as I have for 22 years. It is possible to survive without familiar products and find new ones to replace them.

Eating organic produce couldn't be more simple here by ordering online from Tallo Verde where you can pay with a credit or debt card and have the order delivered to your door, morning or afternoon, several days of the week. I get my weekly order of vegetables, fruits, seeds, beans, and rice every Thursday afternoon. All the produce is washed and bundled in a huge plastic bag. The delivery man calls me when he is close to my apartment so I'm at the front door when the van arrives. I'm eating better now than I did in the U.S. It's so inexpensive eating organic. I can't say enough about Tallo Verde's quality and service.

Yesterday I did my monthly stock up shopping at BioMarket (all organic) on Av. Puerreydon 2088 near Av. Las Heras. Today I did the same at Club Saludable at Av. Callao 836 near Av. Cordoba. If this store doesn't have it, then it's probably not available in BA. They have everything and continue to expand their incredible line of products. I buy organic spagetti from Italy at Club Saludable. They have a wide range of dried mushrooms. I bought shiitakes. You could spend hours in this health food store and still not see all the products offered.
This is the difference between ba and the rest of Arg.

Back