Bringing Or Transferring Pesos From Atlanta, Georgia To Ba?

Scotslass

Registered
Not a common question I imagine but does anyone know of a way to transfer pesos cash from the States to Argentina? I have a friend in Atlanta, Georgia who has been left with pesos after being paid for a job over here which are obviously of no use to her over there and worth less every day. Many thanks for suggestions!

very complicated if possible.
Best bet--sell pesos at a good rate to a tourist from Atlanta who will visit Buenos Aires.

Yeah, that looks like the best bet. She had been thinking of trying to get the cash here so I could at least purchase some momentos of her time here and send them to her but no-one even wants to touch pesos outside Argentina these days ;-) (or that much inside)

Find someone who works for DELTA AIRLINES and have that person bring an envelope down.

It's all about the airlines.

Someone got back to me privately that will hopefully be able to do a swap over there but I'll continue just in case that doesn't work for them...

Wineguy, it's a couple of months wages, I don't know how much exactly.
GS, she was working in BA, supposed to be paid in dollars and received pesos at the last minute. She took them back to the States with her as she was expecting to return to BA soon for a new contract but that fell through.
Camberieu, ;-)
Napoleon and RichardP - good tips, I'll pass them onto her

Many thanks everyone!

Back