Bringing Over Electronics From The States

jamasVamos

Registered
I'm carrying with me a couple of laptops and cell phones and I understand that Argentina uses a different outlet for their electronics. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy converters, what types of converters I will need? And will it be a problem carrying around these converters to different cafes in Capital. Thanks!

Assuming you're coming from the states, don't buy converters, you don't need them. Wait till you get here and just buy an adapter ($1 - $1.50) on many street corners.

30330.jpg

Assuming you're coming from the states, don't buy converters, you don't need them. Wait till you get here and just buy an adapter ($1 - $1.50) on many street corners.

30330.jpg

Not always, its important to check that your electronic device can handle 220 volts before putting it in one of those... whilst most can, there's still a few out there that can't.

Check the plug of the computer and if it can handle 220 volts than you just buy an adapter when you get here. If not, buy a converter at any airport.

Check the plug of the computer and if it can handle 220 volts than you just buy an adapter when you get here. If not, buy a converter at any airport.

Checking that it can handle 220 volts is key or you will be start to smell the odor of burning electronics that will be beyond repair as soon as you plug it in.

Checking that it can handle 220 volts is key or you will be start to smell the odor of burning electronics that will be beyond repair as soon as you plug it in.

... followed closely by a loud "BANG" as the power box explodes inside your PC. When I first came here I assumed that my PC was 100-240v. Wrong. :(

Back