Bringing Vitamin And/or Mineral Supplements Into Argentina

arlean

Registered
Short question. I just want to know, Can you do it?

I'm interested in ordering a good mineral supplement, unless you know of something available here in Argentina. I did an "import test" and ordered two large bottles of Superfood from the States. I had to go to the main post office to pick it up. All it said that I know was "Caution: Glass." They didn't even open the box. Is this normal? Does anyone know?

I'd buy locally but I am used to 500 mg caps magnesium and I think the most I've seen is 100. Hahahaha! I normally take two capsules, which is 1000 mg and when I explained that they seriously explained to me that I could do the same thing with 10 capsules. I think I'll pass.

Ever since I moved to BA in 2004, I've been bringing large quantities of vitamins from the US every time I make a trip back. Only once did customs at EZE asked what was in the large plastic bottles, and when I said "vitaminas," the agent simply nodded her head and waved me through. I haven't, however, had vitamins shipped to BA from the US, for I'd prefer not to chance any problems with the post office here.

We just brought in 6 months worth of vitamins thru EZE with no questions.

No no, I'm sorry. Misleading terminology on my part. I mean can you order it and have it sent here by mail or whatever as I did the Superfood. That came through fine but I don't know if it was just overlooked. Anyone have experience with that? I'd like to order a supply of minerals to be shipped by mail or whatever way they can come. Maybe UPS or something? I appreciate any information or opinion.

As far as I know, vitamins aren't illegal. Now if it actually arrives or not is another question. :)

If they do open it up, just let them know it's vitamins.

I know someone that ordered a large quantity and it got held up and she was supposed to truck out to EZE to pick it up. It was going to cost more than they were worth so she abandoned them. I would say it's a 50/50 shot they will get through and the odds of them getting flagged increase in large quantities.

Anything sent via fed ex, dhl or similar gets routed to EZE. There customs is a BITCH, and it is likely you will need to pay more than their value or have them taken from you.
If you send it by registered normal mail (US postal service) it will go to the "correo" where they are more lax.
This info was given to me by a customs brokers who was unable to get a package of HD cassettes out of EZE (client sent them even though we told them they wouldn´t get in).

Anything sent via fed ex, dhl or similar gets routed to EZE. There customs is a BITCH, and it is likely you will need to pay more than their value or have them taken from you.

That isn't 100% true - I used to get fedex envelops delivered directly to my house and even fedex boxes. But you do need to mark them as "documents" (which mine were). I used to get a package every month or so for work and never had any problems.

Many thanks. At first I thought mail came through really dependably. But I ordered three different books re computer web pages, SEO, etc., from three different sources, and never received any of them. Really made me wonder. If it had been all in one shipment I'd have thought well it was lost. But it wasn't. But thanks for the good information regarding ordering supplements.

Eidon Mutiple Minerals are the best (from Poway, California), 100% bioavalable.

How are These Mineral Products Manufactured?

Our mineral products are produced in a state of the art manufacturing facility for the bottling of liquid products. Imitating the intricate processes found in nature, these minerals, which are food grade, pharmaceutical grade, or derived from natural sources, are made using a highly technical, proprietary technology to create Angstrom-sized mineral particles and combine them with ultra-pure activated water. These elemental mineral ions are able to exist in a perfect polar and ionic/water-soluble form. The purer the water the more efficiently minerals are activated into their electrically charged ionic state. These products use water that is purified at the manufacturing facility using a unique proprietary process which encompasses intensified reverse osmosis, ultra filtration and UV light. The product label states the minimal dose recommended to maintain an individual’s daily requirements. It is based on an individual weighing 100-150 lbs. The amounts appear small because these water-soluble minerals are approximately 100% bio-available and are fully assimilated by the body. As such, smaller and safer dosages are able to be used.

Back