British Embassy skirmish today

Gringoboy

Registered
After a day during which the remembrance of those who fell in the conflict was observed with due dignity by most of the country, we had to be witness to this disgrace near the British Embassy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17593222
If TN are to be believed, the Police were told categorically that they were not to make arrests or to talk to reporters by direct order of Garre.
Several policemen were injured in these attacks by thugs who probably have no idea what they were protesting about in the first place.
No great surprise really, but the tragedy is that this will be the view seen by the British public, not to mention the Islanders.
Not wishing to be cynical, but if CFK wishes to present her case peacefully, surely she has the power to have nipped this in the bud immediately.
Unless of course this was pre planned. Who knows?
Quebracho anyone?

I was there. I was at the very front of the protest where the clash with the police took place. Several cameramen were filming the police, but the police would not respond to any of their questions. The protestors got angry at the lack of communication from the officers, and broke down the barricades as a response. The police answered back with massive amounts of tear gas, and proestors responded by throwing chunks of concrete and rock. A small group of anarchists came up from behind and started throwing molitov cocktails, and the police advanced upon the protestors and pushed them about 5 blocks back. The amount of tear gas was excessive, and they were shooting it in front of the crowd, as well as behind, leaving many of us trapped and nearly choking to death.

Huckstah said:
Several cameramen were filming the police, but the police would not respond to any of their questions. The protestors got angry at the lack of communication from the officers, and broke down the barricades as a response. The police answered back with massive amounts of tear gas, and proestors responded by throwing chunks of concrete and rock.

I guess any excuse they could find to turn it all violent. Police didn't respond so let's act like chimpanzees? Yeah, last time I checked, the Police was no call center for the public.

What a joke. It's just pathetic. What a pathetic political game and these people protesting a just pawns like the campora. Mindless, ignorant pawns.

My friend, Jekyll, was there yesterday with his camera. Around 2pm "Trotskytes" from the partido obrero "revolucionario", behaving-protesting rather orderly, gave out some flyers and speeches condemning the president and the junta as much as they condemned the British on charges of "imperialism". No definition of such a word could be extracted from them through peaceful means.
Then they decided to sing "L'Internationale" with some colorful changes and basically left orderly leaving a not so trashed intersection of Pueyrredon and Guido. The scene was very orderly, almost polite, reminding me of Russian Nashi demonstrations to the Japanese embassy. During the speeches they demonstrated their "internationalism" by pledging solidarity with the working class in Europe and the States.

My friend thought it was over and walked to the CC Recoleta where he saw some ok exhibitions.

But at 5pm walking back to the embassy he noticed the water along Pueyrredon had turned bright turquoise and there was a somewhat familiar smell in the air.
By the time my friend could reach for his camera the police was already packing confiscated nuts bolts and malbec-molotov fireworks.

The police said Quebracho had been the perpetrators.

I noticed some Brazilian tourists in disbelief. Of course they could have been English-speakers wisely practicing their Riograndenser Hunsruckisch.

Maybe my friend J will take the time to upload the vids.

- Dr Hyde.

Not that it would be much comfort but still, I & probably at least 75% of the population in Argentina are thoroughly disgusted & repulsed by this behavior.

Here's a link to a comment that a Judge made on twiter yesterday..basically he expressed that watching those thugs (quebracho thugs) rampaging inspired feelings of wanting to "Smash their faces in". This is a Judge, not a street sweeper.

If you read the feedback comments at the bottom of the article (in Spanish) I think you'll come to the conclusion that most Argentinians are very angry about this act yesterday.

One comment goes as far as saying "Nothing that 20,000 bullets & a mass grave wouldn't fix".
"Nada que 20000 balas y un pozo grande no puedan solucionar."

I think he expressed the deep disgust that I & most Argentinians feel against these paid K thugs.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1461911-...omperle-la-cara-a-los-militantes-de-quebracho

Quebracho are the equivalent of the SA during the early NAZI days, they were used as shock troops whenerver were needed, but eventually they grew too powerfull and were "cut to size" by Hitler and the SS.
I think this will happen here too, sooner or later. They are nothing but profesional demonstrators, the same ones over and over again, they do not work or study, and most likely are on the dole from this "progresist" goverment.

When cristina say yes, you get the events of yesterday...when she says NO,,,you get what happened in the youtube video link bellow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mPkSo-zpNps
....a lightning fast crackdown that will shut down a protest in 3 minutes flat. Not only was it shut down with the full force of the gendarmeria & la federal, they very quickly arrested more than 24 protesters straight afterward.

There were NO arrests at yesterday's event.

I took the pic bellow just after the UK embassy mess ...a very ugly mob of paid K thugs taking over the roads & blocking traffic on Santa Fe ave at 4.45pm.

notebook.fix said:
When cristina say yes, you get the events of yesterday...when she says NO,,,you get what happened in the youtube video link bellow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mPkSo-zpNps
....a lightning fast crackdown that will shut down a protest in 3 minutes flat. Not only was it shut down with the full force of the gendarmeria, they arrested more than 24 protesters straight afterward.
There were NO arrests at yesterdays event.

I took the pic bellow just after the UK embassy mess ...a very ugly mob of paid Ks taking over the roads & blocking traffic on Santa Fe ave at 4.45pm.

was the "school bus" there to bring the protesters?

scotttswan said:
was the "school bus" there to bring the protesters?
I can't confirm. There certainly weren't any 'school kids' around.
This is the typical 'rent a mob' crowd where you could clearly see that they were being instructed & controlled by 'head' thugs...everyone knows here that these people got bussed in to do a job for a few pesos. There was a mix of adults & some children inside the bus.

Back