British Professor Recounts His Time In Villa Devoto Prison

Matt84

Registered
I am truly sorry for the highly offensive source.

An eminent British scientist told today how he witnessed a brutal murder while serving time for drug smuggling in a 'hellhole' South American prison.
Oxford-educated professor Paul Frampton, 71, was jailed for trafficking cocaine after falling victim to an Internet scam involving a bikini model.
The renowned physicist believed he was taking a suitcase to a voluptuous 32-year-old brunette he had fallen for online.
But police found two kilos of cocaine in a secret compartment in the bag when professor Frampton was stopped as he boarded a plane in Argentina.
The respected academic spent nine months inside the notorious Villa Devoto jail in Buenos Aires, locked up 24 hours a day with violent criminals.

I work with some really intelligent and highly technical people (rocket scientists types) and I can see many of them falling for such a scam, since they have little to no malice and little to no street smarts.

And they are very horny.

I work with some really intelligent and highly technical people (rocket scientists types) and I can see many of them falling for such a scam, since they have little to no malice and little to no street smarts.

Exactly.

Camberiu: this is not about malice or street smarts. It's about a modicum of critical thinking that allows you to function in society. If you don't have that, welcome to Villa Devoto, I guess.

I have no evidence of this, but I'd venture to guess that by Latin American standards, Argentine prisons are probably not the worst.

old posts about him here.

http://baexpats.org/topic/25274-paul-frampton-article/

apparently spent a bit of time under house arrest.

A professor suppose to have a good head on his shoulder but his action taken over by his junior head is another..

Back