BsAs -take 2

fifs2

Registered
Today I had breakfast in Palermo Viejo, just enjoying the sunshine, the prettiness and the fact that everyone at the tables was speaking English...it was like living in a parallel universe. Life would be so easy and pretty if this was my ordinary life..so now I remember why so many new OPs LOVE BsAs..anyone want to step into my real life for a while to feel and live real BsAs? Before I leave I want to feel and live this pretty Bsas and remember why I fell in love with it and will hopefully go feeling the same...reality sucks!:D

fifs2 said:
Today I had breakfast in Palermo Viejo, just enjoying the sunshine, the prettiness and the fact that everyone at the tables was speaking English...it was like living in a parallel universe. Life would be so easy and pretty if this was my ordinary life..so now I remember why so many new OPs LOVE BsAs..anyone want to step into my real life for a while to feel and live real BsAs? Before I leave I want to feel and live this pretty Bsas and remember why I fell in love with it and will hopefully go feeling the same...reality sucks!:D

If hearing people speaking English is ruining your BA experience, just spend a week or two in my neighborhood. Just be sure you speak the local idioma well enough to get what you want.

My real Argentine experience began when I moved here..four years after my arrival in BA.

I don't understand fifs2, what's so bad about your real life in the real Bs As? Why are you leaving?

I thought she was saying she liked hearing the people speak English? That it was a good parallel universe?

tez said:
I thought she was saying she liked hearing the people speak English? That it was a good parallel universe?

I believe she was saying that the reality of living here “sucks,” compared to the feelings and observations one has, when first coming to BA. Upon hearing English, etc.,it brought back those first memories.

I believe she was saying that the reality of living here “sucks,” compared to the feelings and observations one has, when first coming to BA. Upon hearing English, etc.,it brought back those first memories.
Well, every city sucks after everything becomes daily routine. Love the German language, always so precise: it is the 'Alltag'.

Let me rephrase what was clearly a garbled post to say that sometimes as a veteran expat of 7 years it may be difficult for me to recall the honeymoon early days of arriving in BsAs and thereby I may be out of touch with the newbie expat experiences of new arrival, hanging around other expats in well-maintained streets of Palermo Viejo. Just a tranquil breakfast in a tranquil Palermo square helped me better see what their nice, fresh reality looks like. My reality isnt horrific by any means but its not soooo pretty. Caballito is a very real neighbourhood, pretty in parts but a mix of ugliness too and so so busy. It`s real, it was our choice, but maybe for our next choice a little prettiness will be high on the wish lists! Thanks to all for helping interpret my earlier ramblings.

Personally I don't mind stepping over the odd drunk & such stuff, the number one killer here is the endless tramites that take countless days.Number two is the pollution.

Yes Palermo is PRETTY...........
Pretty unreal.
Pretty much not BA.
Pretty good place for wanna be expats to pretend to be expats while ordering from English menus for 18 mos.
"But it ain't that pretty at all" [Zevon]

Back