Buenos Aires Food Eseentials

Quinn

Registered
Hello fellow food fans!

So I'm putting together a list of Buenos Aires food essentials and thought that ya'll might be the best source for good info.

What I'm looking for is simple: what restaurants do you think are the most important for someone to visit to try a specific cuisine.

Have just a single thing that comes to mind, great! Have a whole list you want to share, even better!

Basically looking for bullet points and brief descriptions/opinions from anyone.

An example would be:

Food: Bife de Lomo
Where: La Cabrerra, Palermo Soho

One of the best in BA, you'll find some of the best cuts of and highest quality beef, complete with the La Cabrerra light rosemary dusting they use to prepare their Bife de lomo.

Food: Matambrito de Cerdo
Where: La Trapiche, Palermo Hollywood

Considered one fo the best matambrito's in BA, La Trapiche presents this tender pork flank steak in a number of different ways. Try the Matambrito de Verdeo, pork flank steak in a green onion gravy.

Look forward to any ideas everyone has! I think this can be a good "keeper" list for everyone as new things get added.

Bondiola- the cart parked across from the horseback riding place in Parque de Bosque, on Dorrego.

Fuggazetta- La Mezzetta, hands down. Alvarez Thomas, 1321. I have eaten my body weight in Fuggazzetta at all the usual suspects- El Cuartito, El Imperio, Guerrin, Las Cuartetas, Los Inmortales, etc- and La Mezzetta is the best. Usually no more than a minute from the time it comes out of the oven til you get to eat it.

Choripan- my favorite has been the little stand on the outside of the mercado in San Telmo, on Carlos Calvos. Last time I went by, though, it wasnt open, and I am afraid it might have shut down.

Mexican Food, Nachos and Fajitas
Where: DF - Puerto Madero.
Not quite like home but it kicks the cap out of the normal wretched mexican fare here (aka fabrica de taco & CBC)

Japanese Food & Sushi
Where: Yuki - Balvanera.
The best.

Best pizza a la parilla at Morelia in Palermo Hollywood. I think they have some of the best pasta in BA too.

Best locals parilla, Parilla Pena.

Many will say the best Middle Eastern is at Sarkis in Villa Crespo, it probably is but isn't very good by global standards.

Best bread--little French bakery in Recolets but I don't know it's name.

Dessert: Tiramisu
Where: Pierino, Abasto

They have an amazing home made Tiramisu. The home made pasta is also worth a try. The restaurant is from 1909 and has been classified as: "Of cultural interest".

Hi all! I had some site hiccups trying to post a new thread so I'm posting this here as it is related.

So here's the last city covered in the Food by City series and it's a city you all know and love: Buenos Aires!

Buenos Aires Food Photos

These are just a sample of food photos from BA restaurants over the 8 months I've been since last August.

Back