Buenos Aires Herald

Saturnine

Registered
Does anyone here know someone from the Buenos Aires Herald?
I'd like to send a resume and the only channels I've found so far are pretty useless. When it comes to journalism, there's little point in filling in application forms or send resumes to generic email addresses.
I've worked as a journalist and editor for the last five years in Europe and the US, but I've only been here for a few months and my connections are, obviously, quite low.
If anyone has a contact they might forward, please PM me. Any suggestions are, of course, most welcome.
Thanks.

(A) If you have a work visa, then you have a slight chance of getting a response.

(B) If you don't have a work visa, you can't even volunteer to correct grammar.

This is not hearsay, this is fact.

correcting grammar for the Herald would be full time, with tons of overtime!!!!

@BHNCA - that would be quite funny if it wasn't so dreadfully true...

@Napoleon:
Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure I understand how that is not hearsay, it's a fact, but then again, I don't know the facts you know :)
As for the "slight chance of getting a response", that was my problem to begin with and that's why I asked for suggestions/reliable contacts.
I apologize if I'm getting this wrong, but your reply seems merely meant to dissuade or argue me out of trying.

I know nothing about visas but....... Doesn't your employer usually get your work visa? Just curious.

BHNCA said:
correcting grammar for the Herald would be full time, with tons of overtime!!!!

why not republish the herald online with correct grammar... and sell that to make cash... I bet you would get a response then!

TomAtAlki said:
I know nothing about visas but....... Doesn't your employer usually get your work visa? Just curious.

Not usually, no. It may have happened to some to find an employer willing to take that step, but, more often than not, you get your papers in order first. With all the foreigners coming to Buenos Aires on a tourist visa and then trying to get a job here, most employers don't want to take the bother and just ask if you're already legit to work. Or not, if it's under the table :rolleyes:

Saturnine - contact me directly and I will give you the name to my contact at the Buenos Aires Herald. Visa or no visa, work or no work, if you want something you should at least give it a try.

Ownership has changed since I was a volunteer worker and wrote a couple of articles back in 2000 ( only expenses reimbursed) so things could have changd. I'll pm you.
There may be more typos or grammatical errors in the Herald than in other papers, but I enjoy reading it and find its balance of local, national and international reportage pretty good for a small operation. It has been around since 1874 and not many businesses, let alone newspapers, have demonstrated that endurance.

Back