Buenos Aires --> Santiago shipping

MizzMarr

Registered
Hey all. This is more about Santiago than BsAs, but I was wondering if anybody has any tips on shipping goods (via bus or other landbased manner between Santiago, Chile and Buenos Aires?

My partner and I are going to be heading over there for several months time, and I'm thinking of shipping a few essentials that won't take well to air travel via bus. Any tips or recommendations? Also, we'll be flying there with a cat and hope to do so with her in cabin--I see that LAN doesn't allow it, anybody done this before and have a better recommendation? I only have
a soft sided carrier (great, airline approved for in cabin) at the moment.

Also if anybody knows of some good apartment rental agencies or resources that'd be welcome too :D Thanks in advance! Cheers, and hope everybody enjoys this gorgeous weather today!

Why would you subject a cat to needless air travel. I would leave the cat with someone trusted in Bsas. I have seen an animals personality change from traveling by jet.

Um, unfortunately subjecting the cat to air travel is not needless. If it were just a month or two I'd leave her here with a friend, but I'm not planning to come back to Buenos Aires for the foreseeable future, and the cat is part of my family. She'll also fly from Santiago to the States after we're done there. I hope to make her journey as easy as possible, which is part of why I want her in the cabin with us when we travel. If anybody knows of airlines that travel between here and Santiago that allow in cabin cat travel, or has made the journey themselves, I'd appreciate recommendations!

I'm hoping that someone has some info re: shipping things via land between the two cities that can give me some advice. :)

Back