Buffering

HowardinBA

Registered
Does anyone here in Argentina have the same problem with their comp/lap top buffering at regular intervals???PS I live here,with comp, not laptop,Argy telecom and Arnet server..........IS IT JUST ME?????:confused::confused::confused:.

What do you mean by "buffering"? That can have a lot of different meanings, including some good ones.

I have big problems with DNS resolutions here, related to ISP issues in general. I often have internet service and can access, for example, my server in the States if I use the IP address instead of the domain name, but cannot access even something like Google in a browser using the DNS name.

when I,m watchingYouTube for example.it buffers all the time!!!same with downloads....

HowardinBA said:
when I,m watchingYouTube for example.it buffers all the time!!!same with downloads....

Ah. You're pretty much stuck with that. The problem seems to be the available bandwidth for internet outside of the city - infrastructure.

Buenos Aires has reasonable internet infrastructure within the city and probably outlying areas. But you have to have trunk lines to other places in the world as well, and that's a bit short.

Particularly to the States and Europe. I think that Argentina has one main connection out (except for locally to Brasil and Chile, for example) to the States through Florida, and it's not big enough to handle all the traffic. That's what a Dutch buddy of mine who is chief engineer on one of Carnival's cruise ship told me. He used to be a network engineer. There is not direct connection to Europe or even Australia I don't think.

So you are buffering because the bandwidth is too little to download the video fast enough that you want to watch - it downloads slower than it plays.

Yeah yeah:i,ve been here for 5 years,tried changing servers etc,then thought,ah well yes i,m in argentina...hehe

HowardinBA said:

RealPlayer has a YouTube download tool which would allow you to grab the file and play it locally. Many other audio/video sites have some sort of download tool and for those that don't you can very often locate the files you want in your browser cache and manipulate them from there.

Back