Building Gas Shutoff For One Month... Estimate....??

Rich One

Registered
Well shit happens the Gas City Inspectors cut off the central gas in my Building with 150 apts,,, :mad: For needed repairs must replace several pipes, controllers, valves and what have you, estimated repair time One month minimum,,,,, !

Guess cold showers are healthy and microwave cooking is an Art . Be prepared...!

oh nooooooooooo the horror :( I am so sorry to hear this.

Well shit happens the Gas City Inspectors cut off the central gas in my Building with 150 apts,,, :mad: For needed repairs must replace several pipes, controllers, valves and what have you, estimated repair time One month minimum,,,,, !

Guess cold showers are healthy and microwave cooking is an Art . Be prepared...!
It's a scam and they do it frequently to homes and apratments

My gas has been off for two months (bought an electric water heater). I know of a building, where I lived many years ago, that had no gas from November 2013 to April 2014...and are again without gas now for the past three weeks. :eek:

rich one

We look up to you to live a "rich" lifestyle. When do we see you in a more upmarket building?

Shouldn't we start a new thread with cooking ideas for those with no gas but with electric service and one for those with gas service and no electric
Oh and another one for those without any service?? Man gotta love the summer in the city :cool:

Merry Christmas and Happy F'ing New Year!? Well, when the power outages start in January-- those cold showers will feel great.

Happened in a building a friend of mine lived in and he was without gas from something like March until September this year.

No way I'd believe one month. It might take that long to do the replacements but then the consorcium has to deal with approvals and actually getting the guy back out to turn the gas on, apparently some possible "extra fees", etc.

Good luck! (and sorry)

Back