Burritos on the cheap

Lucas

Registered
Burritos a la Californiana <click>

1285886830716.jpg

CBC is definitely not cheap. The prices are equivalent to the same thing you'd pay in the states. It's like Starbucks here. Way too overpriced for what it is.

Tres Tiros Burritos are excellent, cheaper than CBC and they deliver ;)

Yowzers....

Lucas just can't win with this crowd. :eek:

Though the other two posters are right.

Also, it seems that shwarmas are becoming more popular in Palermo SoHo giving one the CBC locations a run for its money.

Napoleon said:
Yowzers....

Lucas just can't win with this crowd. :eek:

Though the other two posters are right.

Also, it seems that shwarmas are becoming more popular in Palermo SoHo giving one the CBC locations a run for its money.

Shawarmas are getting more popular but Yeeros its greek equivalent is not found here and is the best fast food . If one could bring a similar business here you could make a ton load of money.

Yes, I have to say - CBC was really bad :mad: I walked by it today (the one on Juramento y Cabildo) and I thought I would give it a try. I ordered the burrito (vegetarian). The beans were barely cooked and cold - I mean, how do you get beans wrong? The sour cream was definitely not sour cream. The hot sauce was without flavor, it was just..hot. Ditto on the rice being undercooked and clumpy.

At 30 pesos for a (bad) burrito & diet coke, I won't be going there again.:(

If you're in the mood for tacos al pastor, La Fabrica del taco is about the most authentic mexican restaurant I've found around the Palermo area. If I remember correctly, though, they didn't have much of a burrito selection...sad.

I'm not a fan of CBC either. I had it last week and in addition to the burrito having little taste my tortilla stuck to the foil and fell apart and I had to eat it with a fork and knife (actually it fell apart twice...they were nice enough to re-wrap it after the first blowout). Also, they were out of Coke Light in the soda machine (the only low-cal choice) and I had to pay an additional 2 pesos for a bottled Coke Light.

IMO La Fabrica del Taco is definitely a tastier option, but not cheap either. They've got a bunch of different tacos which average around 10-12 pesos each. 3-4 tacos + a drink is 40-50 pesos. No burritos.

Looking forward to trying 3 Tiros!

Back