Bus drivers -- complaints and recognition

jantango

Registered
COMPLAINTS

I finally decided to learn how to register a formal complaint when bus drivers don't take their job seriously. The worst was driving at night while using his iPhone to text messages with one elbow on the steering wheel. Another was chatting away with a passenger standing at the entrance doorway. I spoke to the friend who continued chatting away. I filed a complain online with CRNT. The form is complicated. I saved the page so I have the number of my complaint. They responded by giving me ten days to contact them at an 800 number that was always busy. I gave up. I rode the 95 one day when the driver had his iPhone playing very loud music which is prohibited. I asked him twice to turn it down, and he finally did. I'm certain that as soon as I got off the bus, he turned up the volume. This goes on all the time, and passengers say nothing about it.

RECOGNITION FOR GOOD DRIVING

Recently I saw the Grandes Chofers recognition program by the City for good driving. Passengers can recognize drivers who obey the rules of the road, who are courteous, etc. If your driver is chosen for recognition, he receives a vacation for six, and you get a year's worth of SUBE rides charged to your card. I rode Linea 23 today from Teatro Colon to my neighborhood. I spoke with the driver to get his number. He's worked 24 years for the bus line, and it shows in how he drives. He said he's going to retire next year. I want him to win recognition for his service to passengers, so I hope others will do as I did. Go to baparticipacion on Facebook and enter messenger. You will receive automatic prompts: bus line number and driver number (23-09), your name and surname, your DNI, your email, your celular.

Read all the details here:
http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/sites/gcaba/files/grandes_choferes_faq.pdf

I ride the buses regularly -- lines 23, 56, 95, 103. The Grandes Chofers recognition program is over, but when I have a comfortable ride, I make a point of thanking the driver because most of the rides are exhausting. Drivers don't consider the passengers. I have submitted complaints to CRNT on many occasions about drivers listening to loud music or using a cellphone while driving. The CRNT has taken appropriate action to improve the situation. All buses have information on the window near the exit door informing passengers that the driver must comply with certain safety standards: no cellphone use, no music, no headphones, and no smoking.

Today I was riding a bus where the driver was listening to music. Of course, no passenger said anything about it, but I did. I read the sign on the window from the CRNT and went to talk to him. He didn't understand that listening to music is a safety hazard for all passengers. He asked if I was bothered by it, and turned off the music. He used his cellphone at red lights. Every passenger has the right to request the driver to pay attention to his job without distractions.

I am going to file a complaint online. I made a mental note of the bus number and know the bus line number, date, and time of the situation.

New unique web complaint system
In order to improve service and passenger safety, we implemented a new access through the web where users of automotive transport can make their complaints and transmit suggestions. They can also keep track of complaints by having full control over them.
Published on Thursday, March 21, 2019

The new Single Complaints System, published today in the Official Bulletin, allows users of automotive transport, who have had some mishap in the provision of the service, to make the corresponding complaint through a web platform. This safe, efficient and simple tool comes to improve the system that is currently used, where many times the attention channels are saturated and the complaints are not made effectively. In this way we can monitor the claim made since its inception ensuring a safe response to the user.

"From the CNRT we continue incorporating new technologies and modernizing all citizen service systems in order to simplify processes and speed up response times. This new digital channel will allow us to provide the passenger with the security that their claims will be addressed and monitored. In addition, people can follow the treatment of their complaint or concern online, "said Pablo Castano, Executive Director of the CNRT.

The procedure to upload the claim or comment is simple and intuitive and allows the user to send queries remotely and without having to approach the company. In turn, it allows modifying or incorporating information to the complaints, attaching necessary evidence and following the step by step of the status of the same.

Once the citizen's procedure has been initiated, the system sends an alert to the company notifying it of the complaint and also to the CNRT so that it is aware of the process. If the company does not respond satisfactorily within 30 days (runs) the system automatically sends a new alert so that the CNRT can follow the channel of the complaint.

From the registration of all complaints with personal identification, it is possible to follow up on the status of the same, the companies in particular to know their overall behavior with the complainants. This makes it possible to monitor the quality of the services complying with the user's regulations.

How do I access and what can I do as a user?

To access this new system of complaints, the user must authenticate their identity with the Mi Argentina platform, the National Social Security Administration (ANSES) or the Federal Administration of Public Revenues (AFIP). And it is important to clarify that the possibility of going or making the claim via telephone in the 0800 of the company will still be valid.

Queries

Once the user has been identified, he / she must choose the type of request in the system and the reason for it, then he / she will complete the linked fields and load the specific data required. The platform will allow you to access your query history, associated communications and know the status of the procedure.

Surveys

Prior to completing the charge of a complaint, the user must complete a mandatory question about the care provided by the CNRT. And then you can complete voluntary surveys on any of the modes of passenger transport controlled by the agency.

Suggestions

You can choose the type of suggestion and send it through the platform. Also, at the end of the loading of a survey, you will be given the option to make a suggestion through a link.

Information for the user

No need to log in on the platform, you can see transport news published from the CNRT, as well as access to contact information of companies (e-mail and phone numbers).

The joint work carried out between the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Modernization directly contributes to the users being able to make the corresponding claim to the companies providing the service, asserting their rights, and, in this way, evaluating and substantially improving the provision of the service.

People here seldom complain to those who are causing the offense. They just gripe to each other about it. Complain about music? Seems most people like loud music. The staff of cafes and restaurants are the ones who choose what music (why do we need ANY?) to play and it's almost always irritating pop and rock. Even in the most affluent neighborhoods people don't seem to mind. At mass this morning (in a prosperous neighborhood) a shrill soprano screamed depressing tunes into a microphone turned up very loud. There was hardly a person in the congregation singing but they put up with this annoyance. Maybe they like it but they look like the same people who go to the Teatro Colon. I just don't get it. Noise, noise, noise. Music - always shrill and aggressive - everywhere. It's a sickness.

We need to speak up about it or things will never improve. There are laws. There is such a thing as noise pollution. That's why I wear earplugs when I got out. Those who play loud music in cars are unaware that they are doing irreparable damage to their hearing and could end up deaf or using hearing aides.

We need to speak up about it or things will never improve. There are laws. There is such a thing as noise pollution. That's why I wear earplugs when I got out. Those who play loud music in cars are unaware that they are doing irreparable damage to their hearing and could end up deaf or using hearing aides.

I am waiting for the day when noise pollution is viewed as smoke pollution is today. It's a violation of my rights. It's an imposition. Why why why do people need music turned up at maximum volume? It's everywhere - restaurants, cafes, tango shows, churches, everywhere....And the omnipresence of pop and rock music is nothing less than a sickness, an inability to cope with any sort of quiet that might induce introspection. I went to a social gathering here once held in a moderately sized room. A woman came to play classical guitar. She started to plug in a sound system. I asked her why she needed that. The room was not large and amplification would only rob the music of its subtlety. She was very annoyed but acquiesced. Of course everyone heard very well but I guess she wanted to augment the sound to call attention to herself. I have heard Andres Segovia perform in a 3,000 seat concert hall without any sound system. The guitarist here couldn't cope with a room that seated twenty! Yes, we can speak up (for years I commuted on a bus on Libertador on which the drivers routinely played loud pop music. I just endured it) but I wonder if any other passengers minded. I honestly think people here love noise. They even shout when they speak.

People are going deaf, and they don't even know it.

They're literally going deaf and they're deaf to common sense. WHY do they want to shout over each other in restaurants? It's not just here of course. I had dinner a few months ago in an expensive restaurant in the US. The noise from music and poor acoustics was intolerable. After awhile I just gave up trying to talk. Are people so insecure that they need the music to convince themselves that all's well? They go to a beautiful place in the country and blast rock music from their cars. Why bother going? Is nature intimidating?

Oh...I forgot to mention: You have to endure pop and rock in doctor's offices. You can have ten old people sitting around waiting to be seen and the receptionist turns on some dreadful noise and we all have to put up with it. Say anything and the receptionist will treat you badly.

"We all have to put up with it." No we do not. Noise pollution in a business or waiting room for the public. When an employee's actions impact the bottom line, the owner will notice and make changes. Say something. If you are treated badly, tell the person in charge.

I love dreadful noise, especially on buses.
Must be because I am so old. I was born in a year when the number one song was Rock Around the Clock.

And I have had some really wonderful colectivo drivers over the years.
Santa Claus was driving the 39 bus on Christmas this year, and he wouldnt let anybody pay.

I think the bus drivers here are pretty skilled- especially considering the traffic. I have never actually seen a bus accident, in 12 years of riding colectivos. I have seen some of the most amazing interior decoration, though, and, recently, watching the video screens, I have finally learned how to fold my clothing properly.

https://control.cnrt.gob.ar/ is where you can make a complaint about transportation.

I am already registered on Mi Argentina to use in the process. It took time, but was worth the effort. The system wants the BUS LINE number, the LICENSE PLATE NUMBER, and the bus number (interno). I didn't have the license plate or the company name, so I filled in the space as required.

Here are some of the reasons listed when you make a complaint about a bus driver:
Leaving the driving position*
Assault or attempt to attack
Moving with one or several doors open*
Driving at excessive speed*
Driving in an improper way*
Driving using the cell phone*
Drive talking with passengers*
Driving listening radio*
Do not comply with reduced mobility provisions
Driving while intoxicated
Violated the smoking ban
Deal disrespectfully with passengers
Do not collaborate in an emergency situation
Transport animals on board
Does not have or has expired license
Not respecting the stop sign (going through a red light)*
Do not accept multiple payment with SUBE
etc.
(*) indicates the infractions I've seen as a passenger.

You can upload photos or videos (4mb maximum) to attach to your complaint.
Then you see a confirmation of your information as entered. Confirm.
"THANKS FOR HELPING US IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION.
Rate the new system. Five variables offered. Click one.
Offer any suggestions.
You can edit your complaint at any time after confirming it by going to RECLAMOS.
You will receive an email from CNRT confirming your complaint.

I can't imagine that many people can be bothered making a complaint about transportation, but they're the ones who probably complain the most and want things to improve. This is not a time for us to remain silent about anything that concerns our health and well being on this planet.
DSCN2237.JPGDSCN2237.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2239.JPG
    DSCN2239.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back