Bus Robbery

ElQueso

Registered
We just got news tonight that one of my brothers-in-law was on a bus near Caseros and Entre Rios on his way home from work this evening when six guys got on the bus together and proceeded to rob the occupants. They took everything everyone had and shot two guys when they tried to resist.

Poor brother-in-law is not in such good shape. He doesn't know whether the two gunshot victims lived or died. He's imagining that was himself.

All of my family and many of my friends have been robbed, most at knife-point, some at gunpoint. This is the first time any of them had seen this level of violence.

I remain victimless still as far as robberies go, being the victim of only one violent episode of teenage idiocy that really could have happened anywhere. But I'm looking for all the wood to knock on that I can...

Thanks for sharing. Unless something is done by either the City or Federal governments this will continue to get worse.

It really is shocking when things like that happen, I remember how shaken up i was when a group tried to rob my wife and myself on a night out. Thankfully i have not yet experienced anything like this yet.

Sorry to hear.

Perhaps it will show up in the news tomorrow, but chances are it probably won't. Hopefully the men survived.

Hmmmmm...... It is quite extrange, I live a block away from caseros y rioja and I was hanging around with 2 friends around the jujuy y caseros area at about 21:00 hs and I did not see or heard any ambulance, neither my friend who lives in Uspallata and anchoris (less than 100 meters away) heard or saw anything. It might be the wrong crossing............... And also, 2 people shot in a bus??? You would have the TN movil and a whole coverage within minutes.

Chances are that they will show up in news, is not a normal crime, clarin will take any new like this to hit the government, let hope someone do something about it.
Where did this happen? is not common that this buses thief shot their guns in the steal process specially in a bus, i work in clarin and there are very few cases like this normally something like this happen when a police show up, that why is a little suspicius maybe the objetive it self was to kill that people and not the robery who knows, let hope they find the perpetrators.

That's awful. A friend of mine was victim of a house robbery the other day. Apparently, they bent the window bars and crawled into his house in the middle of the night. He heard a noise and crept down just as the house alarm went off completely startling the robbers before they managed to steal anything. Apparently, they were so pissed at the alarm (and his inability to turn it off in his fright) that they whacked him over the head with a crowbar several times and even shot at him (the bullet missed, fortunately) before crawling back out the window. Needless to say, he's a mess.
Its the violent element of the crimes that really concern me. It seems that many people get hurt or shot even if they don't confront.

Chances are that they will show up in news, is not a normal crime, clarin will take any new like this to hit the government, let hope someone do something about it.
Where did this happen? is not common that this buses thief shot their guns in the steal process specially in a bus, i work in clarin and there are very few cases like this normally something like this happen when a police show up, that why is a little suspicius maybe the objetive it self was to kill that people and not the robery who knows, let hope they find the perpetrators.

You work in Clarín? The next time you are in Belgrano PM me. I'll buy you a "thank you" beer!

You work in Clarín? The next time you are in Belgrano PM me. I'll buy you a "thank you" beer!
Yes i do work for clarin at least until the 7 D lol, hope the government don't read this forum jajaja, never say no to a beer :)

We're a little uncertain exactly where the guys got on the bus. My brother-in-law has only been here for about 6-7 months (this particular one) and doesn't know his way around the city very well. He knows enough to get to and from work and his hotel room. (In fact - one night we got a panicked call from him - he'd fallen asleep on the ride home and the bus got to the terminal it works out of and the driver outside the bus talking to someone else woke him up - no one bothered to even say anything to him once the bus was on its break. Heh.) As I understood him last night (he doesn't speak very good Spanish yet, having spoken Guarani most of his life and not being one of the more educated brothers-in-law who have come here, and we were more concerned with hearing the story than particulars at the moment), he got on the bus near Caseros and Entre Rios in (or at least very near to) Parque Patricios near where he works. He wasn't on the bus long before the 6 guys entered.

It was around 9:00, I think, when it happened. I'm guessing on this - he usually gets off around that time.

I searched for news about this, but didn't see anything. I noticed a couple of news organizations in the past have reported on things like this a week or so later, maybe news being released by the police or someone coming forward later or something, after it happened.

I also noticed a few scary robberies and assaults in colectivos reported in the last 6 months or so when I was doing the search. Here's an example of one reported in the Clarin about 6 months ago, reporting on the third incident in a week back then:

http://www.clarin.co..._709729143.html

I don't think that the police, at least not here, are the answer to this stuff. But maybe the bus lines need to think about hiring some guards? I don't know if that's possible or even workable, particularly considering the crowded conditions around rush hour, but maybe riding with the buses in off-hours or something.

I don't know how many are actually not being reported. I'd be interested to see if any news outlets come up with this one.

El Queso, so sorry about your brother-in-law I have a friend who lives in BA part of the time (she travels a lot for buiness) and her sister moved here to go to the University. Robbed and slammed up against a building by three men, she was so traumatized afterwards the parents had to take her back home with them in the south.

What I don't understand is why these people don't have guns. That man heard the racket when they were using a crowbar on his window bars and no way to stop them apparently. Why not? Are they brainwashed against firearms? So these guys use the crowbar on his head and maybe leave him in a state worse than if they'd killed him. I don't get it. My Argentina friend is a lawyer. She is so afraid that on a holiday if her building appears to be empty, she's afraid to stay in the apartment. But if I mention a firearm she says, with disdain, What is it with you Americans you have this crazy thing about guns! Huh?

Back