Buses In B.a.

NJ boss country

Registered
Coming to b.a. And would like to know thoughts on the bus system. Planning on riding the 152, 61, 29, maybe 10, ...are they frequent, reliable, run at night often.....thanks for any help..... Also.....any help,on blu rate.....hotels, stores, etc.......nothing specific.
Thanks.......also looking to get tickets for the river plate game 2 tix......for May 10. Thank you
Is it better to take taxis everywhere , or is the bus system good......can I get sube card near Recoleta mall.......thanks

Take the bus! And subway! They are regular, mostly clean, however schedules are sparse late at night to early morning hours. A$R 3.50 pretty much anywhere you want to go in the city. Taxis now start at A$R 14.50. A ride through a couple of neighborhoods will run you A$R 50+. You can use this page http://comollego.ba.gob.ar/ and the mobile app to find your way around on the buses and subways. Or, you can do it the old-school way by using a Guia T which you can buy at almost any kiosko. You will find the Guia T very easy to us if you have an engineering degree.

Sube http://www.sube.gob.ar/

BA has a very good public transportation system overall. Way better than that of Sao Paulo or Rio. It is cheap, reliable and convenient. The subway system could be better, but it is still very good. Enjoy the hell out of it without any concerns.

get yourself a Sube card, available at many kioskos for 30 or 40 pesos. Charge it up with a hundred pesos, and go for it. Usually the kiosko will have a sign that says Sube if they recarga, and most, but not all, will also sell cards. you might have to walk a block or two from the recoleta mall (which one- I know of at least 3) and ask at two or three kioskos, but it shouldnt take more than fifteen minutes to find one.
if you are old school, buy a pocket sized Guia T at any newstand.
If you are wired, try using this page- you just click on where you are, and where you want to go, and it tells you the best collectivo to take, and the actual route.
http://www.omnilineas.com.ar/buenos-aires/colectivos/

collectivos run 24 / 7, and I have caught them many times at 3 or 4 in the morning, no problem. They run at the minimum every half hour, but usually more often.
They are dirt cheap, safe, and, and you get a good view of the city.

get yourself a Sube card, available at many kioskos for 30 or 40 pesos. Charge it up with a hundred pesos, and go for it. Usually the kiosko will have a sign that says Sube if they recarga, and most, but not all, will also sell cards. you might have to walk a block or two from the recoleta mall (which one- I know of at least 3) and ask at two or three kioskos, but it shouldnt take more than fifteen minutes to find one.
if you are old school, buy a pocket sized Guia T at any newstand.
If you are wired, try using this page- you just click on where you are, and where you want to go, and it tells you the best collectivo to take, and the actual route.
http://www.omnilinea...res/colectivos/

collectivos run 24 / 7, and I have caught them many times at 3 or 4 in the morning, no problem. They run at the minimum every half hour, but usually more often.
They are dirt cheap, safe, and, and you get a good view of the city.
I've heard that buses are required by law (what law????) to run no longer than every 20 minutes, 24/7. Love the buses!!!

T/

The public transport system here is good. It takes a while to get used to the bus lines and often, due to the constant P.I.T.A.(guess what that means!) piquetes and blocking of streets, they will take alternative routes.It is even cheap for lower-income Argentines, fortunately, as many need to take several to get to their places of employment.Considering the nocturnal city that BA is, the subte(metro) closes early by 2230.This is due to several factors but I believe the biggest being lack of $$ for police presence!
As I also live in Prague where we have superb public transport as well as the cheapest of any European capital. Our annual transport passes which incorporate metro, buses and trams(which is the mean ways of transport) is going down 25% to the equivilent of $146USD for annual unlimited transport. That comes out to .46USD cents daily! Almost the price of one bus fare at the official rate here in BA! While transport is cheap here, IT IS VIRTUALLY FREE IN PRAGUE! and the transport has exact schedules and they stick to it and they run like Swiss watches!
Buen y feliz viaje!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 3
MilHojas Expat Life 2
J Expat Life 2
Joe Expat Life 11
T Culture 38
Back