Business Idea: Luggage Storage Service

Sleuth

Registered
Here's a freebie business idea for someone looking to start a small business in Buenos Aires - start a luggage storage service for people traveling in Argentina.

There used to be a service that would do this, but it is no longer in operation. I wrote about this on my blog and it is still one of the most visited pages on my site. There are a lot of people who fly in and out of Buenos Aires, but also visit other areas of the country for a few days and don't want to take all their luggage with them. They'd love to be able to store their bags for a few days while they travel and then pick them up when they get back.

Let me know if you start it and I'll link to you...

This is actually a great idea.. i need to think about the logistics

Some bus stations in the interior offer this service at a reasonable cost.

I actually did this for a few people who I met through BA Expats. They were in Buenos Aires and were about to travel to Mendoza and then Patagonia and didn't want to take a load of luggage with them. They ended up having me ship them their luggage by courier to Mendoza as they decided it would be easier not to return to Buenos Aires before heading back to the USA.

They ended up having me ship them their luggage by courier to Mendoza as they decided it would be easier not to return to Buenos Aires before heading back to the USA.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

haha my husband loves this idea and is more than willing to store your stuff in our guest bedroom!

Just be very careful and have a very clear release of liability form drawn up. And probably an itemized list of what is in the suitcases. Lest you be surprised when someone comes back and claims that they had x,y and z in the suitcases and it is now missing. Or something was damaged, etc. Or your house gets broken into in and someone's suitcases get stolen. Silly but you need to think about all the risks involved.

Beware any suitcase in storage and labelled Guido Alejandro Antonini Wilson

He was an entrepreneur also :lol:

Suitcasegate or "maletinazo, was a 2007 scandal ... (which) began when Guido Alejandro Antonini Wilson, a Venezuelan-US entrepreneur, arrived in Argentina on a private flight hired by Argentine and Venezuelan state officials carrying US$800,000 in cash which he failed to declare."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maletinazo

Back