Buying a flat

NinaP

Registered
Dear all,
Can you please recommend a really good real estate agent and lawyer to buy a flat in Buenos Aires who are fluent in English? We live abroad and want to buy a flat for retirement in BA.
When buying a flat in BA I saw expensas of 10000-50000 USD - what are they please and if they are annual management fees are they really so high? Thinking I must be reading something wrong 😅. I attached a random example that shows a flat price of 480000 usd plus expensas of 55985 usd.
Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 956AE6BB-6E9D-422B-B37E-4023C7B2184C.jpeg
    956AE6BB-6E9D-422B-B37E-4023C7B2184C.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 17
Dear all,
Can you please recommend a really good real estate agent and lawyer to buy a flat in Buenos Aires who are fluent in English? We live abroad and want to buy a flat for retirement in BA.
When buying a flat in BA I saw expensas of 10000-50000 USD - what are they please and if they are annual management fees are they really so high? Thinking I must be reading something wrong 😅. I attached a random example that shows a flat price of 480000 usd plus expensas of 55985 usd.
Thank you for your help!
Building fees are in arg pesos,not us dollars...

Building fees are monthly. The picture that you sent is a property in an exclusive neighborhood, hence the monthly fees are high. They are calculated based on the number of apartments, apartment size in square meters. The lesser apartments the higher the building fees.

Building fees are monthly. The picture that you sent is a property in an exclusive neighborhood, hence the monthly fees are high. They are calculated based on the number of apartments, apartment size in square meters. The lesser apartments the higher the building fees.
Thank you so much

In your example the building fees are a bit less than 200 usd per month. I used to pay 280usd monthly for our 2br 2bth in central Fl.

You also may want to search zonaprop for "PH" Its sort of like a townhouse, as opposed to an apartment.
These do not have expensas, which are a monthly payment to the consorcio, or property owners group.
With a PH, you pay the actual expenses for you home, such as repairs or utiliites, but you are not part of a group, so you dont have an encargado (doorman) or pay for common spaces. You can budget you expenses yourself.
for example, this is a PH.

Back