Buying face masks in palermo

Ceviche

Registered
Where are blokes buying face masks in Palermo?

Are they even available anywhere?

Thanks

Where are blokes buying face masks in Palermo?

Are they even available anywhere?

Thanks
You can check in hardware stores in Palermo. You can also try at:

In January I bought 3 of these masks at a hardware store on Av. Independencia.
3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210, N95 is a disposable particulate respirator that is designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection of at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain non-oil based particles. ... WARNING: These respirators help reduce exposures to certain airborne contaminants.

Last edited:
Anyone own a 3D printer?

Many designs let you print a mask where you can replace the small filter part/cloth instead of the whole mask. One regular cloth mask can be cut into many filter units.

Iz

I’m still at the stage of working out what the difference is between mascarilla and barbijo. I never heard the word barbijo before coming here.

I got some cheap masks in a Chinese shop (where else...) maybe 3 weeks ago. However it seems like most of the Chinese shops are closed now.

is it really possible to get the N95 masks still? How would they be delivered?

I’m still at the stage of working out what the difference is between mascarilla and barbijo. I never heard the word barbijo before coming here.

I got some cheap masks in a Chinese shop (where else...) maybe 3 weeks ago. However it seems like most of the Chinese shops are closed now.

Yes, you can get them for 500 pesos each but you don’t need that much unless you work in a hospital. You just need a regular three layers surgical chinstrap:
I both them at ML and they passed the test. They are 25 for 2000 p. However, they are not doing delivery. In February they were 23 p. :(.
N95 is a moder from the brand 3M. Buy local industry that is going to be good enough and a lot cheaper.

In the US, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires healthcare workers who are expected to perform patient activities with those suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 to wear respiratory protection, such as an N95 respirator. Unlike a respirator, a surgical mask does not have an air-tight seal and thus does not protect its wearer against airborne particles such as virus material.

The N95 mask for medical/industrial use is sold in hardware stores. Such shops fall under the category of "essential business" and therefore can remain open. You can contact Ferreteria Independencia at 11-4308-3425 to find out if they are open and have that type of mask, or similar, in stock.

3 April 2020
....The coronavirus is suspended in the air longer than previously thought because it is transmitted mainly through droplets of saliva in the air, but they are also sprayed. So much so that the World Health Organization studies revising the standards. And the Institute of Nuclear Physics and the University of Catania have urgently produced a device that simulates powerful one-minute sneezes.

Masks, to be effective, must retain
95% of the microbes emitted....

People will wear masks on the streets like never before. There will be new recommendations, including continuing to maintain safe distances. New models of masks will appear and it is expected that the supply of masks, which is scarce today, will improve. There will be new discoveries and more recommendations soon. The nightmare will be long.

I was able to buy 3 packets of face masks..each packet contains 25 disposable masks, each with life of 6 hours of use.

Each packet cost 1250 pesos.

I bought it in farmacia, at Av. Cerviño

Back