Buying Property In Argentina

angelskywalker

Registered
Hello all,

Considering the current economic situation and the fact that there are still plenty of foreign nationals coming to settle/travel in Argentina and have Dollars to pay for it, would you think it's a good idea to buy property here? Would this be a good investment or suicide?

Thank you.

If you buy and are satisfied that you may acquire a nice property at a fairly low price, knowing that you may never be able to get the money out of the country if you decide to sell it one day, then it's probably a good time to buy. Prices are VERY low compared to other large cities around the world.

real Estate Predictions from the Argentine the Real Estate Chamber for 2014 . No one seems to predict long term an investment shpuld look at a 10 year horizon ? See the link

http://www.cia.org.ar/noticia.php?id=939&seo=Sector-inmobiliario--los-precios-no-bajan-a-pesar-de-la-recesi%C3%B3n&titulo=Sector+inmobiliario%3A+los+precios+no+bajan+a+pesar+de+la+recesi%C3%B3n

De momento, en el sector no esperan una nueva caída de los precios en dólares. Aseguran que el mercado ya ajustó tras la implantación del cepo en 2011 y por eso “ya no habría tanto margen para bajar”, afirma Dina Crusizio, directora de la División Residencial de la desarrolladora L. J. Ramos.

En su opinión, todavía hay que esperar un poco para ver cómo evoluciona el mercado de compraventa, quizás hasta el segundo semestre del año. No obstante, cree que “2014 será similar a 2013”. Para ello, Crusizio aconseja “estar muy atentos al blue y a la brecha cambiaria”, en un contexto en el que “para cerrar los negocios se requiere un asesoramiento a la medida de los clientes”.

Argentine Real Estate chamber CIA report .... can't publish the link for admin

.......Currently, the sector expect a further fall in dollar prices. Ensure that the market already adjusted after implantation of the stocks in 2011 and therefore "no longer have much room to go down," says Dina Crusizio, director of the Division of Residential developer LJ Ramos.

In his view, we must still wait a bit to see how the trading market, perhaps until the second half of the year. However, he believes that "2014 will be similar to 2013." To do this, Crusizio advises "be very attentive to blue and the exchange gap" in a context in which "to close business advice tailored to customers needs."

Argentine Real Estate chamber CIA report .... can't publish the link for admin

.......Currently, the sector expect a further fall in dollar prices. Ensure that the market already adjusted after implantation of the stocks in 2011 and therefore "no longer have much room to go down," says Dina Crusizio, director of the Division of Residential developer LJ Ramos.

In his view, we must still wait a bit to see how the trading market, perhaps until the second half of the year. However, he believes that "2014 will be similar to 2013." To do this, Crusizio advises "be very attentive to blue and the exchange gap" in a context in which "to close business advice tailored to customers needs."

See the extensive article on the Camara Inmobiliaria Argentina CIA web page. the above is a translation og the conclusion!!

cia.org.ar/noticia.php?id=939&seo=Sector-inmobiliario--los-precios-no-bajan-a-pesar-de-la-recesi%C3%B3n&titulo=Sector+inmobiliario%3A+los+precios+no+bajan+a+pesar+de+la+recesi%C3%B3n

I would rent. Way to o expensive to buy when compared to renting.

If you buy and decide to rent it out, you'll lose money. It makes no sense to buy in dollars and earn rent in pesos. If you live in it, I think you have to declare the source of funds or you'll get into serious trouble with Afip.

If you are thinking of selling then now is a good time to sell. The prices will probably retreat a bit further in the future. If you are thinking of buying and you plan to be here for the long run then it could be as well be good time to buy. If you are bottom feeding and looking to flip I don't think you'll have much luck here.

(1)Bad time to buy.
(2)Losing money to rent it out
(3)very hard to sell, hard to move money out. Even hard to buy, are you aware of the 12% buying cost, not to mention the steps ..

Only Argies who live abroad feel the need to buy now, they always feel special of BsAs.

I would wait to buy! and I would only sell now if I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO !
I think prices to buy will go down I could be wrong, of course, but I havent been so since I bought my first place in 1981!

Back