Byob On A Cruise Ship???

shoush

Registered
So my husbands friends bought us a 4 night cruise to Uruguay on MSC cruise line as our wedding gift. the cruise is all inclusive except drinks! booooo:( anyways, I would love to bring a bottle of Jagermeister and some really nice wine we have, I know that they check your bags because you are leaving the country but will they take away the alcohol? is it prohibited?

Where would you drnk this? Carry it into the dining room in a plastic DISCO SUPERMARKET bag? Or do you plan to spend your trip drinking in your tiny cabin?

I would imagine that the standard customs rules apply,which you can look up. I would think that if you drink in your cabin noone can tell you anything but in the dining room .you would need to accept their drinks and prices,same as you would when going out for a meal unless the place is specifically BYOB . However if you have a specific clause that you cannot bring anything on board in the rules of the cruise ship that is a different matter.

hahahahaha! i would not drink it in the dining obviously! but thanks for the disco supermarket bag idea! classy!
no, i was thinking rather night cap, or pre drink before going to the disco, or while getting ready! definitely only in the cabin SIN disco bag;)

Where would you drnk this? Carry it into the dining room in a plastic DISCO SUPERMARKET bag? Or do you plan to spend your trip drinking in your tiny cabin?

Some of those ships are quite strict about bringing booze on board as it is one of their principal ways of generating a profit! I would suggest reading up on the line's policies

They open bags specifically to look for alcohol usually. I've never heard of byob cruise ship. Google how to smuggle alcohol on to a cruise ship if you're desperate

Some of those ships are quite strict about bringing booze on board as it is one of their principal ways of generating a profit! I would suggest reading up on the line's policies
I second that. A relative of mine recently went to the Carribean with a cruise ship and the main means of generating profit seemed to be the exorbitant prices of drinks. Bags were inspected. Sounds a bit North Korean, but this is the way they make money!!

I've only seen CL's allow you to bring water, but no soda or alcohol. However, check with them as many offer a drinks package (card or sticker) that will either give you unlimited drinks and/or soda at many of their bars.

Back