Cable And Internet Providers...who's Better?

Caribbean

Registered
Looking for feedback on cable and Internet providers, who has better service, more english channels, and do they allow to groups packages together, or is one better for cable and another better for Internet.

Thanks in advance.

we have cablevision/fibertel. many channels. in my neighborhood fibertel internet works very well while arnet is a disaster. apparently it depends on the neighborhood.

Also have cablevision/fibertel. Don't use the cable much but seems like lots to choose from. It is almost the same price for the package (260/month I think) as just internet, which is why we bought it. I had heard stories of problems with fibertel but where we live it has been fast and consistent. Not one issue in the 6 months we have had it.

I am a big fan of DirecTV since so many channels can be turned back into english.. and I can not live without the NFL football games also MLB and NBA... that you can order by season packages ....

internet - really they all sort of suck... and some work better than others depending on the area you live....

We've had no problems with Fibertel/CableVisión in our neighborhood (Palermo Botánico), and have found them responsive in the few instances we've needed technical assistance or a home service call. Of course, if Cristina has her way, we'll have to see if La Cámpora will be equally responsive.

Well, I'm looking to do the same, figure out who is better that is. We currently have Cablevision/Fibertel, and the TV is ok/not bad, but the internet is terrible... Crashes daily and we always have to reboot the modem, Skype/YouTube are sometimes not functional, but when only one person is using it to browse (not download) it's ok.

I'm trying to decide between the Arnet(?) 15 Mbps for 150 ARS/month or Cablevision/Fibertel 30 Mbps for $300 ARS/month. Fast, working, internet is important for me, and I hate Telefonica with a passion (probably the same level the President/CEO of Aerolineas does after the AEP SNAFU) and will be going with Personal tomorrow or Monday.

I'm just outside CABA right now, so I'm hoping the internet service will be better in Capital Federal. But for anything under say 12 Mbps or 30 Mbps with Cablevision/Fibertel outside of Capital I say avoid it.

For internet they're all shite, i've used speedy and telecentro over the years. Speedy seemed to be more reliable but slow as shit and over priced. Telecentro have over sold their lines badly and every time some fucker nearby subscribes my connection goes out until we phone them and complain.

TV wise we've only used telecentro and you get the usual channels with messed up SAP. Its hit and miss. We only bother with it because its in a package with the telephone and internet.

I tried Directv in a hotel down south in patagonia once.... was probably the very basic subscription but i wasn't impressed with the choice. It seemed to have fewer channels than telecentro

Back