Cable recommendation BA

TangoDC

Registered
Greetings expat community. I have bought an apt in BsAs and a friend suggested joining this online group. I wonder if group members could tell me what cable/internet/phone service provider you recommend? Do you know what level of internet I will need to have reasonably rapid service? I see there are various internet service level options. And is it possible to get international channels like CNN Int’l in English and BBC? Do all of the service providers have the same array of Spanish speaking channels? Note I am in the Congreso area. Appreciate your guidance.

Greetings expat community. I have bought an apt in BsAs and a friend suggested joining this online group. I wonder if group members could tell me what cable/internet/phone service provider you recommend? Do you know what level of internet I will need to have reasonably rapid service? I see there are various internet service level options. And is it possible to get international channels like CNN Int’l in English and BBC? Do all of the service providers have the same array of Spanish speaking channels? Note I am in the Congreso area. Appreciate your guidance.
We had Telecentro before and don't think it was very good for internet. We have Cablevision now and like it much better.
A techfrom Cablevision told me, though, that the quality of the service really depends on where you are; we are in Recoleta. We have Flow with Cablevision, which includes news channels in English. We also have the Fox Premium channels, which we also like.

i've got cablevision flow as well. i told my landlord i wanted the fastest internet service possible haha...i think i've got 100MB service

I have Fibertel 25 mega ,allways see the same speeds! Rock solid! $1200 pesos/month

Screenshot_20190130-134926.pngScreenshot_20190130-134926.png

We had Telecentro before and don't think it was very good for internet. We have Cablevision now and like it much better.
A techfrom Cablevision told me, though, that the quality of the service really depends on where you are; we are in Recoleta. We have Flow with Cablevision, which includes news channels in English. We also have the Fox Premium channels, which we also like.
I will check out Flow with Cablevision. Helpful. Thanks.

Bear in mind that for streaming films in Netflix and others requires 25 MB. I had Cablevision in a building with 150 apts. The speed was reduced considerably from 7 PM to midnight...!

Does 100MB seem relatively good?
25 meg streams netflix,IPTV,Skype, without a hiccup. Bear in mind the speeds are exaggerated ,and more import are things like ping,latency etc...

This conversation is mixing units of measurement, confusing Mbps with MBps. The lowercase "b" Mb=megabits while the uppercase"B" MB=megabytes. Does it matter? Well, one Megabyte per second is eight times faster than one Megabit per second so Neil's recorded speed of 24Mbps is equivalent to 3MBps. The service providers delight in gushing about "megas" without specifying mega-what? If you are in any doubt about what you are receiving or for that matter in doubt about what you are paying for, run your own speed test like Neil.

Back