Calls Buenos Aires - US

shirley.st

Registered
Hi guys!

I’ll move to Buenos Aires in about a week, but I’ll continue working for an American company.

What is the best/most affordable way to make phone calls from Buenos Aires to the US?
I still have an american number and I’m planning on getting a phone number in Buenos Aires, but I’m wondering if there is a way to get unlimited calls to the US since I usually make a lot of calls for work.

I would really appreciate your help!
Thank you so much

Is google voice free for overseas calls... or only for US numbers..?

From google page..."When you want to place calls overseas, you’ll need to add credits to your account to pay for service. In most cases, however, the fees are minimal and just a couple cents per minute".

I suggest the Skype Around the World Plan for US$ 13 per month, allows you to call phones in 90 so countries also USA and Canada Cells.
I use it in Argentina, for long distance, and Chile 24/7 free to cal land lines . Most businesses have land lines..!

Move your phone number to Simple Mobile.
Free roaming across almost all of Latin America.

Hi Ben! Thanks for your message. I just contacted Simple Mobile and this is what they said: “You cannot have any service in Argentina since that is not part of the international roaming country.” I guess they don’t offer free roaming anymore :/

Other than Whatsapp and Messenger that can call members
I use Skype paid plan for USA calls , unlimited 24/ 7 plus 800 and also video Group calls
Thanks Rich! This sounds like a great option. I don’t mind paying as long as the plan is unlimited because my current provider charges way too much. I really appreciate your help.

Is google voice free for overseas calls... or only for US numbers..?

From google page..."When you want to place calls overseas, you’ll need to add credits to your account to pay for service. In most cases, however, the fees are minimal and just a couple cents per minute".

I suggest the Skype Around the World Plan for US$ 13 per month, allows you to call phones in 90 so countries also USA and Canada Cells.
I use it in Argentina, for long distance, and Chile 24/7 free to cal land lines . Most businesses have land lines..!

Thanks Rich! - If you don’t mind, I have a few more questions since you are using Skype Around the World:
- Are you able to call cell phones as well?
- If I want to call someone, do they have to download an app in order to receive my calls?
- Can I receive calls from any US numbers?
- What about texts? Do they offer anything related to that?

Thank you so much!

I just contacted Simple Mobile and this is what they said: “You cannot have any service in Argentina since that is not part of the international roaming country.” I guess they don’t offer free roaming anymore :/

According to their website they do.

Reactions: ben
Back