Caminos Y Sabores Fair - July 3Rd To 6Th - La Rural

Girino

Registered
http://www.caminosysabores.com.ar/

Los esperamos desde el jueves 3 de julio en La Rural, Ciudad de Buenos Aires.

Lugar:
La Rural – Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Ingreso por Av. Sarmiento 2704

Entrada por
Av. Sarmiento 2704.

Fecha y horario
Del jueves 3 al domingo 6 de julio de 2014, de 12 a 21 hs.
Las boleterías funcionarán de 11:30 a 20:30 hs.

Valor de la entrada:
$ 60 pesos.

i went last year, not so impressed. "samples" were tiny, goods were expensive. The nice thing is it's organized by region but it's nothing far off from what you find in a fancy market here. I bought some honey and jams from the "Chubut" section.

Thanks lucha54, do they sell food only or also artesanal stuff? I'd like to give our place a taste of indios culture, but I found only touristy stuff so far.

Thanks lucha54, do they sell food only or also artesanal stuff? I'd like to give our place a taste of indios culture, but I found only touristy stuff so far.

It's mainly food and beverage.

La Rural expo is in about 2 weeks. Then it's Hee-Haw time!

We went today and enjoyed our time there, despite the crowd.
The food section was impossible to browse until 7 PM, then the crowd got lost.

I was kind of disappointed on the cheese and meat. Very repetitive and very salty.
But I liked the tourism offices part, where we got many fliers and ideas for exploring Argentina.

Can't wait to go to La Rural fair in two weeks!

i went last year, not so impressed. "samples" were tiny, goods were expensive. The nice thing is it's organized by region but it's nothing far off from what you find in a fancy market here. I bought some honey and jams from the "Chubut" section.

I went 4 years ago and it was great, plenty of samples, a lot of spices, speciality items, prices were very reasonable. Last year I went for the 2nd time and it was an entirely different story, prices were out of control - $350 kg for smoked fish from patagonia, there was dulce de leche made from goat's milk for $100 pesos a jar and jamón crudo made from javalí (wild boar) for $400 pesos a kg. Once it became popular they just decided to charge as much as they thought they could instead of being reasonable and making these things more accessable to people. And these are ALL manufacturers and producers of these products - there shouldn't be any markups being that at this fair there are no supermarket or sales team markups on the prices but I found them to be outrageous all the same.

Prices were so and so. Some deals, some rip-offs, some average prices.

A jar of dulce de leche (200-250 g) was ARS 30-35, but these are artisanal products.
Wakame from Patagonia ARS 48 the jar - I never saw that in store, but never looked either. Can't wait to try it.
Jams - ARS 35 the jar
Pasta - ARS 30 for 500 g - very good price compared to expensive brands of pasta at the supermarket (from ARS 70 upward)

Plenty of booths selling oils, too heavy to carry around and about the same quality & price I can find in a fiambreria around the corner.

Since we went on last day and late, some booths were selling out everything at discount prices, we bought 6 red wines for ARS 150. Another booth selling goose cheeses sold 3 x ARS120.

However, I believe these fairs are not supposed to be giveaways or super deals for customers, rather a showcase to prompt people to buy these items everyday.
From my small experience, some of these artisanal products are found also at the shops in Tigre and for something less (Dulce de Cayote in Tigre was ARS 38, at the fair ARS 50).

We went today and enjoyed our time there, despite the crowd.
The food section was impossible to browse until 7 PM, then the crowd got lost.

I was kind of disappointed on the cheese and meat. Very repetitive and very salty.
But I liked the tourism offices part, where we got many fliers and ideas for exploring Argentina.

Can't wait to go to La Rural fair in two weeks!

Sorry I didn't answer you before; but I guess you saw for yourself it's pros and cons. I had completely forgotten that yes, we went last year right before a trip to Puerto Madryn, and did get some GREAT brochures at the tourism stand that was set up for that region, definitely a plus!! Well I'd say that if you really like these La Rural fairs then yes go check it out; but no there were no actually lunch stands and we ended up eating at the nasty chain cafe upstairs before buying some jams and honeys.

there were no actually lunch stands and we ended up eating at the nasty chain cafe upstairs before buying some jams and honeys.

That surprised me, as well. In Milan there is a similar fair (just much, much bigger) with stands from all over the world as well from the various regions of Italy and the best part are the lunch places scattered all over the fair, where you can have a Mongolian lunch or a Polish one, etc.
And the entrance is free.

Back