Can A Tourist Visa Holder Get Utilities? How To Pay?

mmmyeah

Registered
I only have a tourist visa and I am considering getting a 2 year rented apartment. Would it be easy for me to get utility connections such as electricity, internet, tv, etc with only a tourist visa? Also, can I pay for the utilities in cash or would I need a bank account (which I cannot get as a tourist)?

I only have a tourist visa and I am considering getting a 2 year rented apartment. Would it be easy for me to get utility connections such as electricity, internet, tv, etc with only a tourist visa? Also, can I pay for the utilities in cash or would I need a bank account (which I cannot get as a tourist)?
ñ

Regarding paying the bills:Go to any Pago Facile or Rapidpago and pay in cash (pesos) just about every kind of bill. I don't understand why someone said you can't? Also it's not important if the bills come in your name or not. They are location (address) based so you'll be fine. A lot of Porteños never bother to change the name on their utility bills to reflect current occupants or owners. No importa!

Lacocqueta is totally right . You never change the names on the utilities bill in Bs As You get the bill and you pay it at Pagofacil or Rapipago .. Pay in cash !

You can get your name on bills with a rental contract, I did, BUT it is totally not worth the time or money or frustration.

Back