Can Anyone Possibly Think This Is A Good Idea?

estebandepraga

Registered
China will be building a control and space tracking station in Neuquen; can anyone HERE be in favor of this?

Any deal made with the Borg is a bad deal. The Chinese leave nothing on the table.

If they didn't build it in Argentina they would just go to Chile or another South American country and build it there. Now future Argentinian governments have an essential part of China's space ambitions built on their land.

I doubt Chile would allow such an atrocity to occur on their territory! If the Chinese need this in the southern hemipshere, do you think Australia or New Zealand would ever allow this? Maybe they should try Zimbabwe or Congo!

I think perhaps, you should all read "The Pale Blue Dot" by Carl Segan. Hopefully, eventually, we will all have to co-operate in space. Just maybe the future of our species lies there.

What is your objection? I don't understand?

I dunno, could be worse, Argentina could be forcibly made to lease them a section of their territory to run an illegal torture camp.

They could be about to sign up to a secret trade agreement which cedes sovereignty in legal disputes and allows the companies of a foreign state to sue the govt if things don't go their way.

Does anyone think that Chevron are some sort of charitable organisation?

I doubt the Chinese are running some sort of Latin American philanthropic organisation, but then again who is?

Hard to see how this government is pissing away what's left of this country
The Chinese government ain't exactly repsol if they ever get the idea of expropriating . or the British when Peron took away the railroad from them.
What worries me, is what happens after the Chinese bubble bursts, like the unstoppable yen of the 80s, this case is more serious since the Chinese will never be self sufficient and they are making bad investments around the globe.

Of course it could be worse! And so could our lives if we lived in North Korea, Afghanistan or Venezuela but that's not the point! I am Argentine and I don't want China with any base here...nor do I want anyone else!

Back