Can Dogs Eat Morcilla?

RodalfoWalsh

Registered
Anybody know. They seem to want it but I don't know if I should give them the left over

Dogs love morcilla they go wild it's solid cow blood with condiments. :rolleyes: Take my word

Can dogs eat chocolate ?
Is that why morcilla is that color?

I guess I should have phrased my original question a bit differently. "If a dog eats morcilla, will its owner be cleaning up diarrhea/vomit the next day?"

You will likely see your dog with diarrhea if you feed that to them. It's very rich and not good for their systems. Dogs can be prone to pancreatitis.

Do not feed dogs chocolate! They do not process it correctly and it can kill them. I spent $1,000 on a weekend overnight at a vet because my dogs got into Nestle's chocolate chips.

We sometimes bought a special kind of blood sausage for our dog from the butcher. It was basically like a morcilla, but without condiments specially made for dogs. The blood is actually a good source of minerals; the problem with regular sausages is the large amount of salt/condiments. Dogs still like it but it will likely lead to issues with their digestion.

Back