Can I borrow your balcony in exchange for photo lessons?

sharq

Registered
So, now that I have your attention with a suitably bizarre request...

I write books about photography for a living, and I've invented a photography gadget. For both of these things, I would love to do a series of timelapse photographs in Buenos Aires, but there are two problems with this:

1. I don't feel that BsAs is safe enough that I can install myself with a camera on the street for a couple of hours (strictly speaking, there probably isn't any city in the world where that's a good idea, so that's hardly a slight on Buenos Aires
  2. We live on the 1st floor of a lovely apartment in Palermo. It has all sorts of lovely mod cons, but the view from our balcony is particularly epically terrible.
So...

If you have a balcony with a cool view (a busy street? A nice skyline? Just a good, clear view of the sky?), I would love to do you a trade:

• You offer me your balcony for a few hours (the time around sunset would be particularly warmly welcomed)
  • I offer a private photography tutorial. We can look at some of your photos, I'll critique them, I can teach you more about your camera, or we can go on a mission around BsAs and take some photos, I'll talk you though it - whatever you like.
  • I also offer beer and travel anecdotes!
If anyone's interested, please reply here or drop me an e-mail on [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Stay awesome,

~ Haje

We have a terrace in PM with a great view of the skyline and a couple of lookouts on top of the tower. You're welcome to use them. Perhaps you can teach me how to take photos at night, etc. Send me a PM if you want to come over. ;)

Back