Can I enter the United States?

Ronnie Hotdogs

Registered
I ordinarily wouldn’t need a visa just fill in the ESTA but is this suspended with Covid?

I will be transiting through Europe to Argentina so will have a Schengen stamp in my passport.
Way I read it you’re not allowed to have been in Europe within 14 days?

The wife is hell bent on getting vaccinated in Miami, she has the B2 visa as does my daughter.

ESTA is valid at present. Just make sure you don't make stopovers in in the wrong countries. I read that if you travel from Europe to the USA you need to stay 2 weeks in a third country, like for example Mexico, before entering the USA

Ok but like I say I’ll be transiting through Europe to come back to Argentina so I need to spend 2 weeks in Argentina before travelling to USA?
I will only be in Europe for a few hours but guess a Schengen stamp will mean I have technically been in Europe.

Ok but like I say I’ll be transiting through Europe to come back to Argentina so I need to spend 2 weeks in Argentina before travelling to USA?
I will only be in Europe for a few hours but guess a Schengen stamp will mean I have technically been in Europe.
Correct.
If only transiting, you won’t have any Schengen stamp in your passport. I’m not sure I’d misrepresent to the USG that you had not been to Europe.
The other option is to fly to Argentina with Turkish or Ethiopian, that way you can go to the US no problem. Depends of course on where you’re flying from.

Will have a Schengen stamp because I’m connecting in Paris to Frankfurt and then to Buenos Aires. Guess I’ll have to wait 14 days then.

Will have a Schengen stamp because I’m connecting in Paris to Frankfurt and then to Buenos Aires. Guess I’ll have to wait 14 days then.
At the moment transiting through Europe and going to the US on an esta is not possible. The restrictions could be lifted at any moment but who knows when.
I had no idea about that and last April tried to fly to the us after Europe and the system automatically suspended my esta at checkin.
This is0E06BD09-61B7-4102-800C-6171DF630FFB.jpeg from the official esta website. Hope it helps, safe travels!

A lot of people are travelling directly from Argentina to the US with an ESTA nowadays.

I ordinarily wouldn’t need a visa just fill in the ESTA but is this suspended with Covid?

I will be transiting through Europe to Argentina so will have a Schengen stamp in my passport.
Way I read it you’re not allowed to have been in Europe within 14 days?

The wife is hell bent on getting vaccinated in Miami, she has the B2 visa as does my daughter.
We went with my wife doing ESTA no problem. But we went directly from Argentina to the US. You should look at the exemptions for US Citizens and their families to those rules. I was worried about that myself as my wife's passport is from Spain (even though we have not been present there) and I found that many of those proclamations do not apply to US citizens and in certain cases their family members as well (regardless of their status in the US).

Back