Can I sue my inmobiliaria

xeab

Registered
For the past 4 years I´ve been renting through a small inmubiliaria owned by 3 chicas. I knew them personally for many years before.

The problem is that between friendship and business the lines are blurred. Each time for renovar contra they scare the hell out of me till last minte.

Last renewal I had to cal the dueño (which I happened to know) just 3 weeks before the last day of contract.

Unfortunately his time I don´t know the dueño. March 31 is my last day of the current contract. On Feb 1st they told me they will offer me a new contract within a week. So far they haven´t even bothered to call.

Now I´m in panic mode. I trusted them and let my guard down to last minute. I have only ONE month to look on my own without their help. But if I don´t find exactly what I want in a month´s time can I sue them? Or I have no option but move out and get any emergency rental by April 1st?

Do they have any obligation to me by law?
Or they have no obligation non whatsoever?
What are my option?
Or do I have none but to move out in emergency?

Donald Trump had a lifelong habit that worked very well for him: sue everybody that contested him. Given that he had deeper pockets than his perceived enemies, they would traditional fold and he would get away with whatever he did wrong, once more. It's a very effective strategy.

Isn't the owners name on the contract?

You should have name and CUIT/CUIL that includes his or her DNI.
With that, you can look for a Constancia de Inscripcion at the AFIP (our IRS) web site, which also includes the person's adress.

Look for the owner's name on the monthly expensas for your appartment or on the utilities bills.

Ask the Portero for this info. He might personally know the owner and have a phone or email.

You have no obligation, AFAIK, towards the Inmobiliaria nor are you their client.

Where are you located and what are you looking for if plan A fails?

Iz

Well, I did not mean or will sue any one.

What I wanted to ask is
Is the law totally against me if I fail to move out before April 1st.
They put me to sleep by saying TODO TRANQUI NO TE PREOCUPE.I´m not sure maybe they have some new contract already planned. But they are not telling me so far.

Is my ONLY option is to move out before April 1st?
That is really all what I wanted to know. So I can plan to accept an emergency rental in case I don´t find what I want

Do you count on staying for another 3 years (min legal contract)?

Will you agree to whatever they hand you in the next few days, for the next 3 years, and have little saying on the matter?

Are you looking on your own gor the next right place?

None of the above, God will provide.

Iz

why are you relying so much on these people? you aren't obligated to use them. find someone else who will provide better service.

No need to sue for something like that, Suing is serious, you sue if you are raped literally or figuratively.
Worst case, one month is enough to find a better place.
If the 3 chicas are your friends, take your time to move out if owner does not renew.
It is easier to have dinero and look for an apt, it's hard to see apt available all over the world but without dinero.
With Argentina half way sinking, why worrying about finding a place ?

Worst case scenario, You don´t vacate the place and can´t be kicked out. Too bad for the chicas.
Your deposit turns to an additional month payement. You have more time to look for a place.

Iz

I'm with Iznogud on this, and you should also take into account that it's summer holiday time, of course they said "quedaaate tranquilo" because they don't want to be bothered right now. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that. Given the state of the rental market right now (40-50% reductions over this time last year on rentals to foreigners) I doubt very much that they want to chuck you out. You might even have the opportunity to play hardball yourself.

Searching argenprop.com.ar. Any other websites recommendation? Suddenly need all help I can get.
Hopefully I will get something on my own or they have a new contract for me ready before April 1st.

Worst case, it is comforting to know that I can stay put and don´t vacate in emergency and they will be in trouble. Hopefully it wouldn´t come to that.

Back