Can I Visit Argentina With Prior Conviction?

tom808

Registered
I'm from the US. I have a criminal conviction from 25 years ago. Just saw the new immigration law and it lists a series of crimes that allows migraciones to deny entry. How does this work? When we arrive on the airplane do we fill out an application that asks about prior convictions? What about arriving other than airplane, like a land border crossing at iguasu falls, or on a boat from uruguay?

If you come from a borderline country by land you should not have issues.

If you come from a borderline country by land you should not have issues.
SMFH ..... An officer of the Court that makes a suggestion on how to evade immigration law. And we wonder why everything is so messed up here.

I dont think it will be long until they implement a control on the land borders as well

SMFH ..... An officer of the Court that makes a suggestion on how to evade immigration law. And we wonder why everything is so messed up here.

I' m not an officer of Court.

FYI this regulation is unconstitutional.

The agreement between tha US and Argentina states that they inform AR when the passenger is taking the airplane so, if you do not take a straight flight there is nothing to inform.

I find it really funny...that everyone tries to teach morality to B_C 2.

As if all of them themselves are super clean - never ever broken the law in their entire lives. As if they are the guardians of morality!

Its so funny.

I'm from the US. I have a criminal conviction from 25 years ago. Just saw the new immigration law and it lists a series of crimes that allows migraciones to deny entry. How does this work? When we arrive on the airplane do we fill out an application that asks about prior convictions? What about arriving other than airplane, like a land border crossing at iguasu falls, or on a boat from uruguay?

I think the key word here are visit. You should apply for a tourist visa & see if they ask the question in the visa form.
Also I think it depends a lot on the seriousness of the crime you were convicted off.

According the article below if your sentence was for less than three years, then you'd be OK.

[font=Helvetica Neue'][background=rgb(244, 244, 244)]As exceptions, the government noted that under certain conditions it could admit foreigners "for the humanitarian reuniting of families or for having efficiently aided the justice system" or those who have committed crimes that in Argentina would not be sentenced to more than three years in prison.[/background][/font]

http://www.foxnews.c...nal-record.html

Back