Can You Xoom USD To Uruguay and Pick It Up?

domthegreat

Registered
I had a crazy thought today, is it possible to use Xoom to send USD to be picked up in Uruguay? If so it seems this would be much easier than going the ATM in Colonia route that seems to be causing so many people problems.

Could this be a new source for getting USD here in BA?

Good thinking......Western Union also for that matter for those outside the US.

A better question is why? If you can use Xoom to Uruguay, you can certainly use Xoom to Argentina, get the better exchange rate and avoid the cost of traveling to Uruguay. They still have the same limits in place and I think most people do not actually need USD, they just want to get the better rates.

Sleuth said:
A better question is why? If you can use Xoom to Uruguay, you can certainly use Xoom to Argentina, get the better exchange rate and avoid the cost of traveling to Uruguay. They still have the same limits in place and I think most people do not actually need USD, they just want to get the better rates.

Right you can get a better rate with pesos Argentinos...but what if you need actual dollars?

Does anyone have experience sending a USD transaction via Xoom to Uruguay and then picking it up in person?

If you go to Uruguay just send yourself the money via western union OR take the money out of an ATM machine

Since Friday, via Western Union, one can send dollars, at, official rate, to the USA for $300 USD per month, as well as to ALL the Americas. However the fee can amount to almost 50 %. Thus making the rate similar to the Blue Rate.

Back