Canadian looking for a new live in BA

Silas XIV

Registered
Hey there,

I'm a Canadian who is seriously considering a move to Argentina. I am practically tri-lingual with French being my mother tongue, followed by English and a decent amount of German. I do not know any Spanish, but I am looking into that right now. I'm looking at a few resources on how I can move to BA and find work; any help is appreciated, thank you!! :)

what kind of job are u looking for? a really good way to find one is bumeran.com.ar,but idk if its available in canada, good luck !! :)

Well I was looking for something I can do that does not need a lot of qualifications, but is easy to obtain. I want to permanently move there, and I am open to pretty much anything. What do you think would be the easiest job to obtain and what steps would be necessary to do it? Cheers :)

There are jobs in call centers for individuals who speak English. The fact that you also speak French and German might be a plus.

If you can learn even basic Castellano you might find many additional opportunities, especially in the travel/hospitality industry.

Is it hard to find those jobs? What kind of visa would be needed, a work visa? Is that hard to obtain?

Cheers :)

Maybe you should have all your spelling correct in your title...Jackass.

Not to burst your bubble but getting job in Argentina is tough, tougher yet is getting one that pays enough to actually live on. Try imagining living in Canada on $1000-$1500 a month and you will have a pretty good idea of what awaits even if you are lucky and do get a job. If you think I'm exaggerating I'm sure other people will post confirming what I'm saying. Good luck but I would stay in Canada.

BAFinance said:
Maybe you should have all your spelling correct in your title...Jackass.

Why would you say something like that? Obviously I know it is spelled "life" rather than "live", but I never spell-checked it, and I was writing it fast. My apologies, I didn't think it made that big of a difference...

Lee said:
Yes, perhaps you might try a country that actually speaks one of the 3 languages that you speak. Who knows...it might work out a bit better for you. :cool:

I have no issues with understanding some Spanish, and can pick it up relatively easy. While browsing some of Argentinian sites, I have a basic understanding of what is being said, for the most part.

Philsword said:
Not to burst your bubble but getting job in Argentina is tough, tougher yet is getting one that pays enough to actually live on. Try imagining living in Canada on $1000-$1500 a month and you will have a pretty good idea of what awaits even if you are lucky and do get a job. If you think I'm exaggerating I'm sure other people will post confirming what I'm saying. Good luck but I would stay in Canada.

Thanks for the honest reply, Phil! I was expecting the pay to be something like that. I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but maybe you could tell me. Is there anyway I can get a call center job here in Canada, and then move to Argentina and get a VOIP box and use my same number from Canada, over here in Argentina? I've heard this can be done, but I'm not too sure on the legality of it!

Cheers!

Back